Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Dead Island Riptide
The engine used in this game it's a total mess for 3D, so i did the best I could.
- Crosshair 3D
- HUD 3D (sadly this game it's a total mess with shaders for this, so HUD and Crosshair are in the same depth).
- Effects (Smoke, Fire, vapor, others) now in the right depth....originally in 2D.
- Some water reflections, really minor.
- Some distant shadows are a little off.
- Disable Motion Blur, DOF, adjust FOV. Also if you want you can remove crosshair. In the Nvidia Thread HERE it's all information (and others mods).
- Extract the .zip content where .exe is located
- Use this values for Shadows in "Video.scr":
I use for aiming "P" key (lower convergence), because i use Xbox controller (bind to Left trigger with Xpadder). You can change that key in the dx9settings.ini file under [KEY0], Key...."501" value is second mouse button.
Thanks to Joohan for testing!!
More info HERE
** Do you like the fix? **
If you like the fix, you can donate to this PAYPAL account: email@example.com
Posted by DHR