3D Vision Fix by mike_ar69
Fixes the game to work with any convergence and separation. The game by default not only locks convergence at much too high value, it ties it to separation adjustment. Some of the default convergence settings in cut scenes require almost zero depth to be tolerable, and the convergence also changes dynamically quite a lot, so you can't change the settings on the fly very easily. Unfortunately unlocking the convergence in this game completely breaks the games otherwise perfect 3D Vision rendering, requiring a full fix from scratch, which is what this is.
This fix uses a custom nvapi.dll to unlock the game (developed from Chiri's original), then helixmod to fix it.
- All the double imaging and haloing
There are 2 presets, F4 and F5. F5 is a low convergence presets for cutscenes
You can change the convergence and depth for both presets as follows:
- press the preset key
- change convergence and separation
- press F7
Main outstanding issue is the HUD - unless convergence = 1, some parts of the hud get messed up by flickering in and out of different depths.
To be done:
- Fix hud so its all at same depth
- The targeting reticule is at screen depth, if I can I might see if that can be made dynamic.
- I plan on adding dynamic convergence for the cutscenes.
** Update 12/8/13
1. New method for unlocking the convergence is used which allows presets to work properly as in other helix-modded games.
**Update 11/30/13 v2
1. Fixed a few more 'water' rendering issues as I found them, as well as a couple of special effects.
2. Partial solution to provide 2 presets:
a. When the game starts press "0" to set the convergence to "1". This will make all hud elements render correctly and looks pretty good for gameplay as well
b. Pressing "9" will change the convergence to whatever the default setting is for the game. For me this always seems to be stuck at "4". If you change this to something else, and then you toggle between "0" and "9" it will be remembered each time you press "9". I use this key to set a low convergence for cutscenes - I go into the map view and reduce convergence until the map looks good (either at screen depth or deeper into screen) and then when cut scenes come on I can press "9" again to set that lower convergence value, and then when the cutscene is over press "0" to have the higher convergence for gameplay.
1. Extract this zip file to the games exe directory. In my case this is D:\Steam\steamapps\common\LEGO Batman 2.
2. Run the game.
v1: Extract this zip file to the games exe directory
v2: Extract this zip file to the games exe directory