3D Vision Fix by mike_ar69
- Light halos
- Presets to toggle hud depth ("0"), toggle hud on and off ("9"). The "0" preset is not 'fixed' depth, but still adjusts with convergence, so it maintains a constant depth relative to the chess board.
- The mouse cursor is still at screen depth. However, everything in game gets highlighted so there is no issue selecting stuff.
Game looks pretty good out the box, but after a few minutes its clear that a few things are not quite right, with some haloing, and slightly different left-right eye views. I address these.
The game itself is a chess game, but with several other modes of play that attempt to make it more fun, whereby your chess pieces battle for a square in little mini-fights, either QTE based or manual fight based. I don't like either of them, and play chess in "skirmish" mode. The chess pieces are all fully animated characters, but you can also show traditional style pieces (by pressing TAB) or have a top down view with the 2D piece representation (by pressing F).
I provide a few keys to deal with the hud:
- Key "0": cycles between two depths. The first depth has the hud at the same depth as the front of the chess board when zoomed in (using wheel mouse). This also adjusts correctly as you change convergence. The second depth is set to be at about the same level as your character when you are in the "battle mode" games, and this ensures that health markers are approximately in the correct place over the pieces.
- Key "9": toggles the HUD on and off. Be aware that I do not anything sophisticated with texture selection, so if the screen goes "white" at any point (for example exiting a game), press "9" again to show the hud
- Key "ESC": to counter the above issue, if "ESC" is pressed this always toggles the hud back on. So if in doubt why nothing is on the screen anymore, press "ESC".
1. Extract this zip file to the games exe directory. In my case this is D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Check vs Mate
2. Run the game.