3DMigoto DX11 3D Vision Fix by mike_ar69 and bo3b
We are delighted to publish this game fix on the helixmod site, thank you to Helix and Eqzitara for supporting our work on the 3DMigoto DX11 Wrapper!
3. Double Imaging (fog and smoke)
4. Skybox elements
6. Water caustics
7. Fixed Lights and shadows for all AA options
8. Fix for night stars and moon and clouds
1. Screen stuff like smudges and raindrops
2. Decals like blood etc (for now)
1. Shadows: Shadows must be "very high" or lower, 'soft shadows' have not been fixed (not even looked at yet). For performance reasons turning off soft shadows is a must anyway (the shader is 10000 lines long, compared to most of the others which are all < 600, this explains the processing hog)
2. Ambient Occlusion: SSAO has not been fixed (or looked at) yet. Use "Off", or HBAO+(low).
3. World Detail: Setting to low gives a good FPS boost, but removes gameplay elements, so really needs to be on medium/high
4. Motion Blur: Must be set to OFF
1. Rain splashes are 2d.
2. Sun Rays: appear 2D, but I can't seem to do anything about this.
3. Shadows from smoke are 2d (minor effect)
4. Text on in-game screens is too deep. This can be adjusted as part of varying the overall HUD depth using new settings in the d3dx.ini file:
x=0.8 <-- Change this one e.g. 0.4 is less depth, -0.2 will pop out the screen etc
5. Bloom from some Lights sometimes shines through objects. This might be an SLI issue, not sure
6. Reflections were fixed in the Animus place, but the fix is only approximate, and there is. some residual 'haloing'. This also affects puddles in Havana. Reflections in 3D are messed up bad actually, and we will continue working on it.
7. For some reason, when the game is started, you may need to change the depth setting a fraction (and then back to what ever it was) for the fix to kick in. Switching profile does not have this problem, but it's a minor annoyance, and has only recently been happening.
Latest version automatically applies a profile.
2. Run the game once to make sure it's installed, resolution and refresh are like you want.
Make sure 3D kicks in.
3. If you are running recent drivers, and Compatibility Mode is kicking in, do Ctrl-Alt-F11 to disable it.
We've tested it on older drivers like 320.49 and the most recent Beta 337.50, and think it should work in all cases.
We've tested it with SLI and single GPU.
4. Get the fix as a zip file from here: 3Dmigoto1.2.53_AC4.zip
And unzip all of the files and ShaderFixes folder into the Assassin's Creed 4 exe folder.
e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag"
It's a lot of files, 400 or so shader files, and 4 dlls, an uninstall, and the .ini file.
If you need to uninstall, there is an uninstall.bat that will delete the dlls.
5) With all that installed, run AC4.
You should be able to see everything in 3D, and be able to change depth and convergence.
Performance should be good, very close to what you normally get with AC4 in 3D. You should expect to see only 2 cores active.
First launch will be slow, like a minute, as it caches shaders.
Update 10-25-14: Switched to latest code base, which uses fewer dlls, and does not require the Microsoft platform update. It includes the bug fix that PirateGuyBrush found in the 3Dmigoto runtime. Dramatically improves the minimum frame rates. Big thanks to PirateGuyBrush for the persistence in nailing that down. Older: 3Dmigoto-AC4-0.98.zip
Update 1-17-17: Zythus update to latest 1.2.53 3Dmigoto, which includes SBS/TAB support as well as full hot-key support. Details:
- Built in Profile // now you dont need to change the profile
- Profile forces Vsync and triple buffering for better performance. All you need is to disable Vsync ingame.
- Profile forces real 3D and in the green text are the important graphic settings for the fix
- 4 convergence Keys with different HUD depth
- Numpad 6-9 (all with a delay!, because i mapped it to the controller) Numpad 6 for Cutscene, Numpad 7 for Animus, Numpad 8 high convergence, Numpad 9 very high convergence
- Default play sets game with 80% depth
- l key for cycle HUD depth
- k key for toggle HUD on/off
- Edit d3dx.ini key settings to suit your needs.
Big thanks to Zythus for the update. Latest: 3Dmigoto1.2.53_AC4.zip