Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Styx Master of Shadows


Fixed : shadows, etc
Known Issues: Light rays are off in beginning area.

To change cinematic depth/convergence. Click F3 then adjust, save with F7
To change gameplay depth/convergence. Click F4 then adjust, save with F7

I only tested this for first level. I originally planned to play game completely but quickly realized I no longer have the patience for stealth games. If anyone has any issues and wants me to fix them just send me save files though I don't think there will be many. TBH, this game is good in 3D but not great. There are alot of hud elements which some may have issues with at high depth setting and may have to compromise with less depth.

Required:
Go to.. C:\Users\...\Documents\my games\Styx\StyxGame\Config\StyxEngine.ini
Change
AllowNvidiaStereo3d=False
to
AllowNvidiaStereo3d=True

Recommended
Launch game->video options
Distortion = False

Install to..Styx Master of Shadows\Binaries\
Shaderoverride

===============================================
If you like this fix I accept Paypal Donations at EQZITARA@YAHOO.COM or my PATREON.
Please keep in mind I am only one person at helixmod and all donations will go only towards myself.
Thank you for your support.

19 comments:

  1. Thanks, that was really quick fix. "On your own time" wasnt that long :>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was planning to like it more = /
      Stealth an't my thing anymore it seems.

      Delete
  2. svp helix. :: bad 3dvision alien isolation :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, please make a fix for the Alien Isolation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you adjust depth/convergence?
    I press F3 or F4 and then what?

    I have been using F3 mode only (for cinematic and gameplay) because F4 mode destroys my head.
    Could you elaborate on how to use the adjustments? I'm new to 3D Vision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F3 = CINEMATIC
      F4 = GAMEPLAY

      Press either key adjust your depth/convergence using your nvidia 3d vision keys. Save this new setting when done with F7.
      Then exit and restart game and new setting will apply

      Delete
    2. That didn't work. Whether I press F3 or F4, I then have to adjust the depth pressing Ctrl+F3 or Crtl+F4 and when I do, I switch modes.
      Example: I want to adjust gameplay depth so I press F4. Then I press Ctrl+F3 to decrease depth. I end up switching to cinematic mode.
      And I have wired glasses so there's no IR emitter wheel to do the adjustment.
      Unless I'm doing it wrong and it's not Ctrl+F3/F4 I should be using for the adjustment in which case, I don't know what I should be pressing.

      Delete
    3. A couple of ways around that. You can temporarily disable the Helix fix by renaming the d3d9.dll and adjusting depth/convergence first, then saving with Ctrl-F7. Another possibility would be to change the keys used for depth/convergence. Go to Stereo Control Panel->Set Keyboard Shortcuts.

      Delete
    4. OR
      open dx9settings.ini
      look for
      [KEY0]
      Key = 115
      Presets = 8;
      Type = 1

      AND

      [KEY1]
      Key = 114

      Delete
    5. Change to...

      [KEY0]
      Key = 117
      Presets = 8;
      Type = 1

      AND

      [KEY1]
      Key = 116

      Delete
    6. This will change keys from F3/F4 to F5/F6

      Delete
  6. Thank for the fix, its work on my pc but everytime i go to the menu or level reload (after dying) the depth auto ajust to 0%, any idea for fix this ? thank.

    ReplyDelete