fix by: 3d4dd
- Halos caused by some water surfaces and fog
-some distortion effects during fights look strange (similar to motion blur, etc.)
- Download this ZIP file and extract the contents into the directory that contains the game's EXE file (e.g. ffxiiiimg.exe in ...\FINAL FANTASY XIII\white_data\prog\win\bin\)
- After the resolution update for the game from 12/11/2014: extract the contents from Zip file into the main folder of the game that contains FFXiiiLauncher.exe (e.g. ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY XIII\)
- move d3d9.dll into the folder which contains the game's exe file ffxiiiimg.exe (e.g. ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY XIII\white_data\prog\win\bin)
- (Should not be necessary any more:
If Helixmod doesn't work when the game is started by steam or the launcher restart the game and try it again. If it still doesn't work:
1. make a shortcut of the exe file
2. right click on shortcut -> properties
3. in Target line add: "...win\bin\ffxiiiimg.exe" -fullscreenmode
(-VoiceJPMode for Japan audio))
- Depth and convergence presets per hotkey: "7" - exploration, "8" - fight/cut scenes, "9" - close ups in cut scenes. You can customize the settings by pressing the hotkey, adjust convergence/depth and save it with Ctrl+F7.
- Use hotkey "c" in 2D video cut scenes (otherwise the subtitles will pop out)
- Toggle light shafts intensity with hotkey "v" (original/reduced/off)
- Toggle HUD in fights with hotkey "p" (opaque/transparent/off)
- I often got "Appilcation load error ..." when I started the game. I had to exit steam completely (not only minimize to tray icon) and start FF XIII again. As Helixmod often didn't work after the first start I had to restart the game. Then everything was fine.
- The fix is compatible with GeDoSaTo.
- please remove the files from the old version before installing the updated version
- reduced the depth of menu and HUD elements
Use the new hotkey "c" in 2D video cut scenes (otherwise the subtitles will pop out)
In DX9Settings.ini You can find information how to adjust the depth to Your own taste.
If You want to use the original depth move 9610AE18.txt in the folder ShaderOverride to ShaderOverride/VertexShaders and replace the existing file
- removed clipping issues in menus