Last Updated: March 3, 2016
What this mod does:
- Fixes skybox depth & fog halos
- Removes most 2D bloom effects
- Adds 2 convergence presets on the 'Caps Lock' key. Use can use the lower preset when in "Mounted Camera" mode.
- Fixes HUD / UI depth:
- Press 'F7' to push the entire HUD / UI into depth.
- Press 'F8' to push just the crosshair into depth
- Press 'F9' to make the entire HUD / UI screen depth
-Bloom from the twin stars is screen depth.
- Download this ZIP file and extract the contents into the same directory that has the game's EXE file. (When prompted, overwrite "d3dcompiler_46.dll")
- Run the game and in the Options Video settings, set "Volumetric Fog Shadows" to "1"
- If you want, you can adjust the depth of the HUD / UI. In the "d3dx.ini" file, under "[Constants]", change the "x" value. The lower the value, the more "pop out". Changing this moves the entire HUD & UI.
- To change the convergence key & values, under "[Constants], scroll down to [Key5]", change the key & convergence values to whatever you like.
- This fix was tested on the Steam version (game version 1.9200) using Win 7 x64, non-SLI, 1080p, Geforce drivers 361.43. I'm unsure if SLI works.