3D Vision Fix by mike_ar69
10 Jan 2017 - v3
- Fixed broken shadows for quality < Ultra
- Fixed couple more mirrors
20 June 2015 - v2
- Fix for smoke from chimneys
InstructionsThis a DX11 for Dirt Rally Early Access. The game will of course change and continue to be developed, which will likely require updates to the fix as well, but at this point there are no major hurdles to get this fix running.
Out of the box, the game is actually playable in 3D, but there are lots of little things wrong that I found painful to bear, notably the shadows are at wrong depth. This fix addresses this. As far as testing has identified so far there are no restrictions on game settings.
A. Install Files
1. Download the files from here.
2. Copy all files in the archive to the location where drt.exe is.
3. Run the game.
B. HUD Depth
1. Open d3dx.ini
2. Find [Constants]
3. Change the x value to alter hud depth/pop out: (a) negative = in depth, (b) positive = pop out. You need to use |numbers| > 1 to have any effect.
Fixed1. Shadows are at correct depth
2. On screen HUD is at a configurable depth
3. Some spotlights
4. Wing mirror placement
5. Wing and reverse mirror reflections
6. Some water splashes
7. Car dust
8. Car exhaust
10. Some water effects
11. Rain splash effects
12. Ambient occlusion and advanced blending render incorrectly.
Known Issues1. Snow does not render correctly, but because its dynamic and blurry anyway, it's not too noticeable.
2. CMAA is currently not fixed and renders shadows incorrectly. You need to disable CMAA.
Special thanks to Flugan for his work on the assembler, used in this fix.