Last Updated: November 6, 2016
What this mod does:
- Fixes shadows & lights (using Helix's LUA script)
- Fixes various UI elements with too much depth & places them at screen depth
- Fixes an issue causing the green shadow blob underneath the main character & some lighting effects to be misaligned.
- Fixes bloom & lens spotting effect
- Adds 2 convergence presets on the 'Caps Lock' key. (Before saving any convergence settings, set the depth-- see the Important Note below)
- Adds a low convergence preset on the 'X' key (use this for some cutscenes & for viewing the triangle video screens)
- Adds an auto-convergence feature when viewing the Teleport screen
1) Download this ZIP file and extract the contents into the directory "..\the_deadly_tower_of_monsters\Binaries\Win32\"
2) In the directory"..\the_deadly_tower_of_monsters\Engine\Config\", open the file "BaseEngine.ini"
3) Where it says "AllowNvidiaStereo3d=", change it to from False to True
**If using 3DTV Play**
4) Move the 3 files inside the "3DTV Play- Helixmod" folder to the "shaderoverride/vertexshaders/" folder.
5) When prompted, overwrite the 3 files .
- When in-game, don't manually adjust the depth (separation). Doing so will cause the green shadow blob under the main character & other effects to become misaligned. Instead:
- Decide what depth you want to play the game at-- 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% (default is 100%). If you want, you can cycle through the four separation presets in-game by pressing the backslash key.
- To change the default depth setting, exit the game & open the Dx9Settings.ini file.
- If, for example, you prefer 50% depth, scroll down to [PRES3]. Cut the line "UseByDef = true" and paste it under [PRES1].
Used DarkStarSword's "Viscera: Cleanup Detail" fix as a guide to fix the alignment issues in this game.
Also thanks to DHR for the assistance!