I'm happy to provide a fix for a game that was long overdue for the 3D treatment. This game is all about immersion (even moreso with the Misery mod!), and I'm of the belief that we all love 3D gaming for the immersion it brings, so the two are a match made in heaven! Speaking of Misery, this fix is fully compatible with that mod, but if you're not a masochist (or just want vanilla gameplay but nicer visuals) it also works perfectly fine with Atmosfear 3 and Absolute Nature/Structures mods (and both work fine together, and are completely recommended). Also recommend installing an increased grass draw distance mod/tweak, as the grass pop in is quite noticeable without it.
With this being a very early DX11 title, creating this fix came with it's own set of unique struggles to overcome, and with that comes a disclaimer: There are some significant issues that could occur in this game with 3D enabled, however if you follow the instructions then with the correct settings these issues should be mitigated and you *should* be able to enjoy a flawless 3D experience with this title.
2) Extract archive to your ...\Stalker - CoP\bin directory. Same location as the xrEngine.exe file
3) Optional: If you intend on using the HDAO setting for SSAO (which provides the nicest overall visual quality) then you will need to import the STALKER-CoP.nip profile using Nvidia Inspector. Otherwise, you can use HBAO or default SSAO without needing to import any profile.
4) Windows 7 only - Optional/HIGHLY Recommended: Uninstall the 'evil' Windows update KB2670838 (please do a Google search for how to do this).
5) Load the game, go into the options and set the Renderer to "Enhanced full dyn. lighting (DX11)"
6) Select either the High or Maximum quality settings preset.
7) Click Appy, click Yes on any prompts that appear.
8) Exit the game and restart
9) Now go into the Advanced video settings menu. You may now adjust any settings to your preference, but there are 2 settings that are mandatory, as follows
10) Make sure the Texture Detail slider is right in the middle. Unfortunately going any further causes 3D to completely break. If you did step #4, though, then this *should* not be a problem and you can increase this setting to max.
11) For best results turn on AA to either 2x or 4x. Turning it off with cause some haloing around objects. You can fix the haloing by pressing the \ key, but then that will break the HUD. However, you can toggle the HUD as needed if you REALLY need the extra performance from turning AA off entirely.
12) Restart game again after setting all your options and you should now be able to enjoy the game!
If at any time during gameplay you experience a sudden break in the 3D image, or have a static image, go into the Advanced video options, and change the Sun Quality setting to something different, then return to game. The video adapter should reset and the issue should be fixed. You may then switch back to your preferred Sun Quality setting.
Special thanks to:
-bo3b for providing an updated build of 3DMigoto to fix an incompatibility with this game on Windows 10
-DarkStarSword for providing assistance with fixing bloom rendering in one eye
-f3likx for putting me up to the task of fixing this awesome game
Like this fix? Donations are always appreciated.