Saturday, August 13, 2016

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn v1.0 W.I.P

Hi All,

I have yet another fix and this time a MMO FFXIV: A Realm Reborn..

First off you need to associate the ffxiv_dx11.exe with a Working 3D PRofile under DX11. I used The Witcher 3 again..

Here is the guide incase you do not know how to assign a exe to a Profile:

1. Guide here [by DHR]


After you do that find the folder where the exe is nested by default it is here:

x:\Program Files(x86)\SquareEnix\Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn\Game\ffxiv_dx11

insert the fix there. here is the Download link:

*******************************************************************************
EDIT there are 2 links 1 is for the Windows 10-64bit fix and the other for Win7-64bit fix
*******************************************************************************

Win+7+64bit+FFXIV+v5.0.rar

Win10-64bit-FFXIV-v3.1.rar

Here are my Reccomended Graphic settings (Your mileage may vary):

1. General
    a. Enable wet surface areas (Checked)
    b. Real time reflections = OFF (this creates a dual image in the water on some objects like your fishing pole) USer discretion.. it is really not too bad On..
    c. edge smoothing = FXAA
    d. Transparent light  =  normal
    e. Grass Quality = High
    f. Parallax Occlusion = High
    g. Tessalation = High
    h. Glare = Standard
    I.  Map res = High

2. Shadow all = hide..

3. Use high detail models on shadows
    a. Shadow res = med
    b. Cascading = Off
    c. Softening = Strong

4. Texture filtering= Anistropic
     a. Level = 8x  (end user setting whatever you desire)

5. Movement Physics ALL = Checked

6. Effects ALL = OFF

7.Screen space Ambient Occlusion
   a. HBAO+Quality
   b Glare = Normal

I put in a Convergance Preset which may need to be configured by yourself.. I set it too what I like. so the setting may vary dependent on what you like convergance set at..

Here are the Keystrokes and what they do:

1. "," ket sets the convergance down too 1.5 for Cut Scenes..
2. "." key sets it back for ingame setting..
3. "[" this sets the cycle of convergance settings for nameplates/ Hud items


******************************************************************
UPDATE v2.1: I set the mouse cursor with a convergance hotkey and on a cycle.. you need to use the Software Cursor ingame.. just goto ingame options, then mouse, it is there check it on and voila the mosue will be at same depth with nameplates and hud.. also combined it with the convergance keys already set..

********************************************************************************
Update: I spent the last 2 days looking to fix the dark rooms. I came to a fix where they are still dark but no where near as dark as before.. This new fix also fixes the Clouds that where not Stereoized.. They should be good now if there are any problems with the clouds Please let me know here or at GeForce Forums in the FFXIV thread there..

This will be the final for me barring any updates. I might look at updating in the next patch should it need it.. but only thing I see left to fix would be the shadows.. I am going to look at them and see how they are to be fixed and hopefully fix them but don't hold your breath for them to be fixed by me..


ENJOY ;

The Nephilim

45 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Nephilim, you need to set the permissions for the file to be Public in the S3 user interface. By default it's private. The easiest way to always get it right is to step through the wizard, don't hit accept on the first page.

      Delete
    2. I fixed it but in future do as bo3b said.

      Delete
  2. OK will do thank you ;) I also have an update incoming which fixes the Hud/Nameplates..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just updated the fix to v1.2 as the last fix I made the code wrong.. I have corrected that error and know you can also set the depth of the nameplates to your liking with the Left Bracket key.. ;)

    Enjoy..!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cannot get this to work ..associated it with Witcher 3 ...shadows broken...tried Max payne 3 ..another DX 11 ..same thing the fix doesn't seem to hook in ...been using these fixes for years ..so all the files are in the right directory ...3d works but lighting shadows broken ..set to your settings above ..to make sure but not working for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it running in DX11? Game has a DX9 option. This fix will only work on DX11 version. You can double check 3Dmigoto is running by setting "calls=1" in the d3dx.ini and see that a log file is generated. If not, then 3Dmigoto was not loaded.

      Delete
    2. yes it states it is running DX11 in launcher

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Yes it works and the shadows should not even be there.. I am unsure why it is not working for you?? are you talking about the shadows outside or inside the buildings??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Just downloaded your Win74-64-FFXIV 1.4 will try it later thanks for your replies

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this fix Nephilim. Just wondering how I can unlock the convergence. I tried setting up the following key to cycle the convergence, and when I use it I see the displayed convergence number changing. So, I think this key is doing something BUT the convergence never actually changes in the game. Is there something that I missed?

    Thanks in advance!

    [KeyCycleCon]
    key=F12
    convergence = -10, -1.5, 0, 1.5, 10,
    type = cycle

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is unlocked by default no need to set anything to unlock convergance.. but what are you setting a convergance key up for..is it for the cinematics as I have a combo for that already.. besides the numbers range higher for convergance I think it can go as high as 9.0.. I have 8.0 set for ingame and 1.5 for cinematics.. Plust I have a convergance key for the HUD Nameplates..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just want to tweak it a little bit that is all. I would like to move it around a little and see what amount of convergence I like the best. I later tried to cycle through 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 But nothing seems to have any effect. I also tried your key for the cinematics (I think it sets convergence to 8) and it also had no effect. So, something else must be going on. Any thoughts?

      Delete
  10. yes I have the period and comma key set for convergance.. if you set the convergance with your NVidia hotkeys does it do anything?? are you on Windows 7 or 10??

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK I think this is all my fault I seemed to have screwed the pooch and I will need to redo this from 1.4..gimme a little while probally a few hours and I will straighten this mess up.. I mixed up and older fix and wiped out the new one :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Arius v2.0 is up on the boards and I think I fixed the ooopps moment with v1.6.1 and the convergance setting.... if you see any problems or notice a shader I missed please let me know..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I see. That sucks. Thanks for redoing this! I will try it after work tonight.

    In case it matters, I'm using Windows 10.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well I basically had no choice.. I did spend another hour or two after I thought I finished to touch up some shaders.. well after doing that I played for about an hour and found this annoying shader that lights up when near a lamp or light.. I will try and get that removed as well but probally not until tomorrow.. the new version is 2.1 and on the dl link it should be OK the stars still seem a bit off or maybe it is me?? let me know what you think of the stars at night.. I did get the full moon fixed fine tho..

    ReplyDelete
  15. yes don't use v2.1 then there is a seperat fix for Win 10 users which is playable.. I did not knmow you where on Win 10.. that fix is good just need to fix the skyboxes in that one two.. I played it earlier on Win 10 it is good for now. I am having an issue with 3D Migoto and Win 10 right now I am trying to fix as the ASM Files are not saving

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok...I was using the Windows 10 fix already. I re-downloaded it to be sure (Win 10 64bit FFXIV Fix v1.4.1). Nothing changed for me though. Even the "." and "," convergence keys that you have don't seem to change the convergence for me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OK I will check this one too to be sure it is the correct uploaded files.

    ReplyDelete
  18. does the 3D Vision kick in?? how about the left bracket key "[" for convergance on the nameplates and chat boxes??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the 3D vision does kick in. And I can change the depth/separation. The "[" key just moves the interface to the right until I hit it enough and it cycles back to the original spot.

      Delete
  19. Well I just downloaded and installed the fix it is working fine for me.. the bracket key sets the convergance for the chatboxes and nameplates.. if that is working I am unsure why the convergance shorcuts are not working..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I don't know what is going on with my PC then. I'll redownload, delete what I have in my game directory, and re-copy in the fix. I'll see if that changes anything

      Delete
  20. Yes Please let me know.. I was playing the Win 10 version earlier and besides the skyboxes the other fixes seemed fine.. I do have a small issue in Lower decks where it looks way to bright in the daytime.. I am trying to track which shader did that and might have to remove it.. does anybody else see the brighter look in Lower decks in the daytime..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yeah...I don't know what's going on with it on my pc. I deleted the fix, redownloaded, and put it in again. Even after that I'm still having the same issues. But I took it out completely and tried the game without your fix and it actually looks pretty good already (though convergence seems to be locked and that bugs me). Anyways, if I figure out my issue I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well I have a Redo of the Win 7 fix probally will not get it up on the boards until tomorrow afternoon maybe around 12PM.. it should be version 3.0.. keep and eye out

    ReplyDelete
  23. v3.0 is on hold for now until I get the skyboxes code worked out..

    ReplyDelete
  24. v3.0 is done. still have some issues see above for guide and link to win 7 DL.. Skyboxes are fixed for sure now..

    ReplyDelete
  25. v3.1 is up and I removed all the clouds as they are broke..

    ReplyDelete
  26. v1.6 is up for Win 10 now it should be good with the night sky..I removed the clouds for now until I casn figure how to fix them..

    ReplyDelete
  27. OK after a week of toiling I finally was able to get the clouds fixed.. I had a variable error which was causing the isse of it not working.. I am waiting for an answer to see if the separation will be set by the end users ingame separation or will it be a seperat register??

    Hopefully I can get the new fix up soon. I think the really only other thing that needs to be fixed in this game are the shadows.. I am looking into it but it will take me more time to problally get a fix as it would be to not fix it so this should be the final release barring a new game update ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fix is up Enjoy I answered my own question.. Seperation of the clouds is dependent upon user settings in NVidia control panel..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how do I fix seperation of clouds in control panel?

      Delete
  29. Game looks much better now since you started, I can see the clouds are still broke however in windows 10.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Well they should not be broke they work fine in Win 10. Currently I do not have a sub. but maybe I will resub and take a look at the win 10 version again to check and see what is going on??

    Is there any separation in the clouds at all??

    ReplyDelete
  31. I think the 1 set of clouds has issues like the shadows I removed the clouds and they look fine now. but would like to see if they are fixed now for sure or not..
    I will upload the new version 5.1..

    ReplyDelete
  32. Correction I uploaded v3.1 for Win 10 64bit NOT 5.1..

    ReplyDelete