Unfortunately, this fix is not 100% where I would want it to be for this release, as there are still some remaining issues despite me spending numerous hours, exhausting all my knowledge in attempt to fix, and even directly asking for help from those that are more experienced but was unable to find a solution for them. So I've decided to wrap it all up, and put together this release in the state that it is in.
I have played through the entire game and can say that it is most certainly "playable" in 3D with this fix... way better than that, even. Most of the time the fix is flawless and this game is, hands down, the most gorgeous game I've ever played! Just a shame that the remaining issues exist because it would otherwise be a perfect fix. If I ever can manage to sort out these issues, you can be sure I'll update this.
So without further adieu, I finally present to you this fine piece of work.
-All halos on effects
-Specular reflections/directional lighting & shadows
-Reflections on water surfaces & glossy surfaces
-Some distant objects/scenery may flicker due to occlusion culling that could not be worked around
-Stages 2, 5, 7 and 8 start off with shadows flickering. Press [ to temporarily disable the fix for shadows which will stop the flickering, you can then press [ again to reenable after you've reached the following sections:
- Stage 2: Can reenable after sparring segment with Leonidis
- Stage 5: Can reenable after ambush
- Stage 7: Can reenable after first fight in senate auditorium
- Stage 8: Can reenable after ballista segment (I think. Can't exactly remember this one)
Updated on 2017-01-03 to version 1.1
-Updated to 3DMigoto version 1.2.53 to automatically update Nvidia driver profile with required settings to make easier for users to install fix
INSTRUCTIONS1. Download: Version 1.1
2. Extract zip file to the folder: ...\Ryse Son of Rome\Bin64
3. Game settings: When loading the game, must ensure to turn Motion Blur and Temporal Aliasing off. Fix was created using all High settings (and Very High for texture resolution), uncertain if it will work on lower settings.
4. I've set the following key functions as follows:
\ Toggle removes the HUD from the screen (nice for taking screenshots)
/ Toggle removes the depth of field effect.
] Adjusts the depth of the HUD. Default is pushed into screen 75%
[ Toggle turns off shadows fix as mentioned above in the Other Issues section
Tools/Resources Used & Special Thanks:
-3DMigoto - Thanks to the entire 3DMigoto team
-DarkStarSwords Lichdom:Battlemage fix was used as a framework to learn CryEngine fixing methodology, so thanks to DSS for his hard work
Like this fix and want to show support & appreciation?
Fixes take a lot of time and effort, so donations are always welcome and appreciated! Paypal donations may be made at www.paypal.me/DShanz