This 3D Vision fix puts character sprites and other effects at the depth they should be, instead of being fixed at screen depth, which was wrong unless you set convergence to a high and specific amount.
Update: according to user DAT-13 from the GeForce forums, the fix works with Continuum Shift Extend and Chronophantasma Extend. I made the fix with Calamity Trigger and I still don't have the other games. I'll check them when I buy them just in case.
Update 2: I have checked personally that Continuum Shift Extend works. Alternative fix uploaded.
Update 2: Fixed Chronophantasma Extend. I have uploaded a different fix for it.
- All characters and their effects at depth, depending on separation and convergence. They are 100% correct at the "near" distance. If one character goes to the side, the camera moves away and the characters would need a bit more depth than what they have.
- Instant Block wave effect, now at the same depth as the characters. Same deal with the camera.
- Arakune invisibility.
- Character reflections on the floor, that were at screen depth. Same depth as the other sprites now.
- Izayoi character effect and green bar in practice mode that needed sprite depth (Chronophantasma Extend), but without breaking part of the HUD.
- F1: low convergence. Can be overwritten with ctrl+F7 after loading this preset.
- F2: just enough convergence to have characters at screen depth. Can be overwritten with ctrl+F7 after loading this preset.
- For Chronophantasma Extend, there are F1, F2 and F3 hotkeys. The old F1 and F2 are now F1 and F3, while F2 is a value in the middle.
- Normal version: https://s3.amazonaws.com/masterotaku/Blazblue+Calamity+Trigger/Blazblue_CT_3D_Vision_fix_3.zip
- Alternative version: https://s3.amazonaws.com/masterotaku/Blazblue+Calamity+Trigger/Blazblue_CT_3D_Vision_fix_3_alternative_v2.zip
- Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend: https://s3.amazonaws.com/masterotaku/Blazblue+Calamity+Trigger/Blazblue_CPEX_3D_Vision_fix.zip
The normal version has all HUD/UI at screen depth. However, the main HUD/UI shader is responsible of some effects, like Hakumen circle symbols or some special effects of Tsubaki Yayoi, and they will be at screen depth.
The alternative version fixes those effects, putting them at the same depth as the sprites. But as a side effect, some other UI elements are at that depth, looking a bit weird compared to the rest of elements at screen depth. Everything is OK in battle or when you use the F2 convergence preset.
I couldn't get texture hunting to work with this fix, so you will have to decide which version of the fix you will use.
- Unzip the contents of the fix in the root folder of the game "BlazBlue Calamity Trigger".
- Play the game.
I recommend playing these games at 1280x768. That's the correct internal resolution and aspect ratio the game should use. 16:9 resolutions are stretched, and anything other than 1280x768 is just an upscale (internal resolution doesn't go any higher than that).
You can also force 4x4 supersampling in the drivers. It's necessary to play at 1280x768 to see the antialiasing effect.
For Chronophantasma Extend, don't use supersampling (it didn't work for me this time) and don't use a "Lower HUD" value of less than "6" in the ingame display options.