Monday, February 6, 2017

Diluvion [DX9]


Last Updated:  February 10, 2017

What this mod does:
- Fixes lights, shadows & various haloing issues
- Pushes various HUD elements into the screen
- Automatically adjusts crosshair depth
- Fixes an issue where interior view of subs and bases were completely 2D. I placed textures at various depths to give it a slightly more 3D look.
- Fixes an issue with the intro cutscene where some textures were at the wrong depth.
- Adds a toggle switch on the 'Caps Lock' key. When you are in-game and the menu screen or map screen appears misaligned, pressing this key will re-align them. Press this key again when you return to the game.
- Adds a convergence preset on the 'Tab' key. When in-game, press this key. Adjust the depth & convergence to your liking. Press the 'F7' key to save your settings.

Known Issues:
- In the "Select a Ship" screen, some text appears in one eye only. I recommend to just disable 3D when on this screen.
- At the very end of the game, the ocean looks incorrect

Installation:
1)  Download this ZIP file and extract the contents into the game directory.

2a) For the GOG version:
  • Run the game using the included shortcut "Diluvion- Helixmod.bat"
2b) For the Steam Version:
  • In your Steam library, right click on "Diluvion" and select "Properties"
  • Click "Set Launch Options"
  • In the box, type:  -force-d3d9 -window-mode exclusive
  • Click "Ok"


Made this using DarkStarSword's Unity template.  If you like this mod, consider supporting DarkStarSword on Patreon

12 comments:

  1. Respect. This came unexpected. Consider buying the game now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Link is not working , can you please reupload please?

    Thanks for all these fixes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. Link should work now. I'm probably going to end up updating this fix tomorrow as I haven't reached the third area yet (There's probably some 2D items that need to be fixed).

      Delete
  3. The toogle keys are not working for me. And the 3d rendering is not working very clean. What could this be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure. I have the GOG version and it's working on my end (game version 1.16.2). I'll look into this further tomorrow to see if I can duplicate the problem.

      Delete
    2. I found the problem. I made a mistake in the instructions above. In the Set Launch Options window, type: -force-d3d9 -window-mode exclusive

      Delete
  4. thanks, will try and report back if it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's working now. thanks for the fix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Major Kudos for continuing to do this passionate work. Thank you so much! I've backed DarkStarSword on Patreon to put my money where my mouth is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for this. Bought the game just because this fix existed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You Sir are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete