Fix by Eincrou
This is yet another game that requires super-de-duper low convergence, lest the UI splits off the screen. The BEFORE screenshot shows how flat the game is at the default convergence of the nVidia profile. But, nVidia yet again rates a game with this major problem as "Excellent"!!
1) Allows UI to be on screen when convergence has been increased.
2) Removes bad shadows that result from enabling Next Generation Content.
Problems not fixed:
• Many effects are on the same shader as the UI, and render with the wrong depth. This includes things like fireflies, mist from waterfalls, bullet casings, etc. They are annoying, but not as bad as playing a flat game!
v1 05/08/12 Initial fix for UI and removal of shadows.
How to get it working:
"Next Generation Content" MUST be enabled!• Follow the standard Helix Mod fix installation guide.
• To customize the UI to your convergence setting:
1) Go to the ShaderOverride folder. Use a text editor to open E32A6B30.txt.
2) In the text file, look for the line: "def c220, 760, 0, 0.0625, 0"
3) Change the first value after c220 (highlighted above in red) to the convergence setting you have chosen. You can find the exact number for convergence by using the debug dll.
Helix Mod Release
Thanks to Mana84 for alerting me to the fact that enabling Next Generation Content allows the Helix Mod to find the UI shader. Thanks, bro!