3D Vision Fix by mike_ar69
1. Water reflections
2. Water refractions
3. Water rings when you wade in water
4. Character and Object Halos
5. Coupled HUD and world objects
6. Spinning avatar in clothing menu
7. Put HUD at small depth
8. Disabled distant objects which rendered too close
9. Provided two convergence presets (high/low) as some menus require lower convergence
I have made a video available (and extra screenshots) here: Fable TLC Video
1. Halos are significantly better than they were, but ultimately the technique used to create the halo/highlighting seems a bit of a bodge and its showing up in 3D. So from a distance, halos can look clipped. There are no Pixel shaders to see if this could be fixed.
2. I removed distant trees because they rendered too close, and trying to push them back just made them clip so much they disappeared. If anyone knows how to deal with this, please let me know.
3. It is necessary to *remove* the Nvidia profile for this game using Nvidia Inspector (see below). Using Aion or Prototype did not allow water to be fixed properly. The default profile does not allow any stereo fixes to be applied (I had this problem with Overlord 2 as well).
4. The way the game creates reflections on water is flawed, even in 2D. Sometimes something is reflected that should not be - that is a game bug, not part of this fix.
A bit of a Golden Oldie nowadays, I was amazed how good this game looked out the box - lighting and shadows, smoke fire etc - all render great. Of the issues I fixed, the Halos where the biggest visual issue, followed by the water issues, and I moved the HUD for the sake of it, it looks a bit better in a small depth. The distant trees were also hurtful on the eyes, but there were not many of them and removing them does not affect the visuals hardly at all - the game has a really low LOD for world objects anyway.
1. Extract this zip file to the games exe directory. In my case this is D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fable The Lost Chapters.
2. Remove default profile with Nvidia Inspector.
2.1 Open Nvidia Inspector
2.2 Click the litle "tools" icon on the middle RHS
2.3 Type "Fable" in the "Profiles:" box at the top
2.4 Select "Fable The Lost Chapters"
2.5 A menu icon with a red X on it will appear next to a menu icon with a green plus
2.6 Select the one with the red X
2.7 Select the game exe name when it pops up
2.8 Press the "Apply Changes" button in the top RHS