3D Vision Fix by mike_ar69
- Floaty 2D ground textures
- Put HUD at depth so markers align better with objects
**UPDATE 04-11-2016 by Muizer (Thank you!)
I've done the best I could to repair mike's fix. Not perfect, but better than nothing. Link to .rar below contains dx9settings.ini and the shaderoverride folder. If you're feeling brave, place in Rome II folder and extract. Otherwise, wait for it to be checked by the powers that be.
Get the updated files here: Muizer Update
Notes: I know there's still an issue with wet surface reflections on battlemaps. Don't know how to fix that. I also returned the HUD to screen depth because with a hud at depth portraits go out of focus even at rather low convergence settings. I've looked at the portraits themselves, but there's a nasty clipping issue I have no idea how to fix.
Place the archive in Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II and extract in place
Navigate to C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\scripts
Open preferences.script.txt and set "gfx_shadermodel" and "gfx_device_type" to 0
I have done a first pass of the game after the beta 9 patch changed lots of shaders. New version v2. I do not know if I have caught everything, quite a lot got messed up with the patch, but it is certainly more than playable again.
- This is a fix for the DirectX9 version of the game only.
- The mouse cursor is still at screen depth. However, everything in game gets highlighted so there is no issue selecting stuff.
- There are some remaining anomalies - some puffs of smoke, the odd light here and there. I will fix these as I come to them (assuming I can), but I don't believe there is anything major.
Game looks like crap out the box, in both DX11 and DX9, pretty much everything is wrong to some degree.
Once patched up though it looks as good as Napolean Total War.
1. Extract this zip file to the games exe directory. In my case this is D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II
2. Run the game.