Fix by Eincrou
3D Video (Skip to 18:17 to see the game board working properly)
Created using game version: 184.108.40.20670
This is probably the simplest "fix" on the blog, but I think it's extremely useful and worth sharing with others. In the six months that I've been playing Hearthstone, it never occurred to me that the game might be viewable in stereoscopic 3D. I had assumed that many of its visual elements were 2D. The truth is that the entire game is composed of 3D models, from the menu graphics to the game boards to the particle effects. Even the cards are perceptible as 3D models if you have high enough depth. And the best part is that the game has no rendering anomalies!
The only major problem is that different convergence values are required for menus and for when you are in a game. This fix addresses that problem.
This fix solves:
- Menus and game boards require radically different convergence values. Manually changing them is annoying.
Problems not fixed:
- None that I know of.
- v1: (5/2/2014) Initial fix with depth/convergence presets.
How To Get It Working
- Extract the .zip file to the same location as "Hearthstone.exe"
- Follow the instructions below on allowing the game to render in stereoscopic 3D.
- When in the game menus, press the F1 key and then tune your depth and convergence values to your liking. Press F7 and the values will be saved to the F1 key.
- Repeat the same process for the game board by pressing F2, finding your preferred stereoscopic values, and then pressing F7 to save them to the F2 key.
- Enjoy easily and quickly adjusting your stereoscopic settings as needed!
Getting Hearthstone to run in stereoscopic 3D:
- Download NVIDIA Inspector: NVIDIA Inspector Download
- Extract and run the program as an administrator.
- The main window has a row that says Driver Version near the middle. To the right of that row is a tools icon. Click it.
- In the Profiles drop down menu in the top-left corner, find the "Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft" profile.
- On the top toolbar, find the icon to "Remove application from current profile." It's the blue icon with the red X in the corner. Remove hearthstone.exe from the profile and accept the warning message.
- Now, select the profile for "Aion"
- On the top toolbar, find the icon to "Add application to current profile." Locate your Hearthstone install folder and select Hearthstone.exe.
- Confirm that hearthstone.exe appears in the green bar below the toolbar. Press the "Apply changes" button on the top-right corner.
- 3DTV Play Users: Hearthstone's "fullscreen" mode is borderless windowed mode and will not work with 3DTV Play if your desktop resolution is not already in a 3DTV Play supported mode. To fix this, set your desktop resolution to 1920x1080 @ 24Hz or 1280x720 @60Hz. Revert the resolution back to normal when finished playing.
If you want to use SLI for Hearthstone (....really?), then change the SLI compatibility bit to 0x02402005. Change it back to 0x02400405 if you want to run Aion with SLI.
Remember that pressing F7 saves your current depth and convergence values to the last preset key you pressed. The default hotkeys can be changed. Reference the linked chart for keycodes. Use the number from the second column: Keyboard Keys and Key Code Values
- Preset Key 1: F1 By default, a good menus setting.
- Preset Key 2: F2 By default, a good game board setting.