3D Vision Fix by mike_ar69 & bo3b
Special Thanks to DHR for additional shader fixes.
Special Thanks to helifax for UI tweak version.
7. Special effects.
8. HUD (partial).
9. Crosshair (Partial).
1. Disable Order Independent Transparency.
2. HUD is put at screen depth except for cross-hair.
3. Cross-hair fix defines a small area in the screen center and some other hud elements (like the map) are also affected.
4. Menus are mostly at screen depth except some parts which stick out the screen.
5. Sun rays are a bit wrong, but not too bad.
6. Particle effects are correct for normal gameplay and 19:9 aspect ratios, but are incorrect for the benchmark and when in wraith mode using the bow.
7. The game has some noticeable "triangle flicker" at the screen edges. This not to do with the fix.
8. We also know that some areas will have additional effects we need to fix, since we have not played the whole game yet.
Drivers and Performance
1. Game performs really well. We tested on non-SLI 770 and 760, and on SLI 760 and 770. Even with the non-SLI cards, performance was really smooth.
2. We recommend using 344.65 driver (and later).
3. Earlier drivers have SLI issues.
4. You might get a crash at launch on some drivers in SLI. If so, disable SLI for first launch so it can cache shaders, then re-enable it.
5. SLI scaling is excellent (near 100%).
6. We recommend "High" settings rather than "ultra". We can't find any noticable difference visually, but performance is much better on "high".
1. Extract this zip file to the games exe directory. In my case this is J:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\ShadowOfMordor\x64.
2. Play the game.
3. The first time you play it may take a minute to start as shaders get cached.
We've made numerous updates to the fix since our first one, and the link above is the best one at present. This includes a few more shaders to fix the final missions in the game, and adds some better UI management.
The UI changes a lot, and there are multiple ways to leave the menus. Automatically after you win a fight, via the buttons in lower left, escape key, or the key used to enter (like M for map). So, there is a good chance you will wind up back at game with the UI stuck at screen depth. As soon as you move with W key, it will be set back to game play mode.
If you really need to, you can use F3 and F4 to go to Menu Mode and Play Mode respectively. You probably want to set Play Mode with F4 when you are in Sauron's Army screen, as it looks great.
F2 is a cycle through multiple depths, so you can choose what you like. Once you get a preference, you might want to set that as the x item so it is default. Or feel free to edit the list to suit.
Use ` (back quote) key to alternate play/menu mode and max depth. This helps when something is annoying in the upgrade menus.
- Esc: Put it in Menu Mode.
- M: Put it in Menu Mode
- W: Put it in Play Mode.
- RButton: Aiming override to put cursor to maximum depth.
- `: toggle play/menu mode, use while in menus.
- F2: Cycle through 8 depth variants, x = -0.3, -0.2, -0.1, 0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.8, 0.99
- F3: Put it in Menu Mode, which forces some UI to screen depth.
- F4: Put it in Play Mode, which allows UI to follow the current F2 depth.
x= UI depth in %, negative is popout.
z=1 is Play Mode, z=0 is Menu Mode.
w=0 for aiming crosshair, set to 1 when RButton is down.
Older versions in case you have trouble with the primary one.
1) Early version, no keys: https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases/download/0.99.4-beta/3Dmigoto-Mordor-0.99.4.zip
2) 3-2-15 Helifax update: https://s3.amazonaws.com/bo3b/Shadow+Of+Mordor_latest_DLC.rar
I've added 2 presets on keys:3) Update 6-8-15: Shadow of Mordor 1.1.16 Beta.7z
Z - puts a low convergence (usable in Army menu)
X - puts low depth and low convergence (usable in all other menus)
4) 10-18-15: Latest version: Mordor_1.1.16_v2.7z
Update for driver 350.12: Game is at least partly broken, and may be unplayable. Cannot see any text in Sauron's Army screen, aiming flickers in and out, second-chance QTE is not always available. Works correctly on 347.52. Might be possible to fix this with an imported profile.
Update for driver 355.82: Seems to work again, assuming this problem is driver related.