This fix also works with the following stand-alone games:
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing I
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III
What this mod does:
- Fixes various haloing & lighting issues (bloom, battle effects, etc..)
- Disables bloom in one small area
- Adds 2 convergence presets on the 'Z' key. Use the lower convergence preset for the main menu and some cutscenes
- Pushes HUD & UI into depth a little bit. (I was unable to give it more depth due to clipping issues.) Press the 'Caps Lock' key to make HUD & UI screen depth
- Mouse cursor is screen depth.
- Some HUD / UI unevenness & clipping
- Some water reflections look incorrect
Installation (for 64-bit version of the game):
- Download this ZIP file and extract the contents into the game directory
- In the "..\Steam\" folder, move the file "GameOverlayRenderer64.dll" to a different folder.
- Run the game. Go to the Options menu and under the Video tab, verify "Direct3D 9" is selected.
- (Recommended)- In the Gameplay tab, disable "Enemy HP bars" and "Allied HP bars".
I utilized Eqzitara's original Van Helsing fix as a template to fix this.
If you like this fix, Eqzitara accepts Paypal Donations at EQZITARA@YAHOO.COM or his PATREON.
Thank you for the support.