Friday, January 4, 2013
Far Cry 2 (DX9)
About 1 week ago i finish Far Cry 3 (Thanks Helix!!) and think to give it a try again to Far Cry 2, long time ago i play this game in 2D (with an AMD GFX) and i found (in that time and still) this game have excellent graphics (it's a 4-5 years old game), but a weak story, tbh never finish the game. I start the game in 3D and noticed some halos in effects (smog, dust, fire, water, others) and the crosshair in 2D and bam! i remember also that the AI is like shit in this game.....well short story i decided to make this game better.
3D Fix + SweetFx:
- Crosshair fixed (the rest of the HUD i left at screen depth)
- Effects (smoke, water, dust, fire, others) fixed (by new profile..i start to fix one by one, but remember the prototype2 profile...so i decide to take the short way)
- The fix also include a setup with SweetFx that makes the game beautiful....really!!
(i'm also playing FC3 with SweetFx....looks great....swfx is a gem!)
Download 3D Fix + SweetFx
I found a mod that change AI settings and others things that make the game a lot more fun, real and friendly (Dylan's FC2 Mod 1.4, i use the "extra version" of the zip, because i have the retail version / steam and steam/DLC files are included also)...read the readme.txt first.
Instructions (DX9 only):
- Use Nvidia inspector to use the "Prototype 2" (prototype2.exe) profile or rename the exe.
- Extract the content of the zip (3D Fix + SweetFx) in the same place where FarCry2.exe is (..\Bin\)
- Extract and replace the content of the zip (Mod) in to ..\Data_Win32\ folder (Important: Backup your patch.dat and patch.fat files)
- In game options use Water = high and Shadows = Medium...the rest of the options you can put "ultra". And also use WideScreenFOV enabled and directx 9 option. You can also changes this values in gameprofile.xml (documents/My games/Far Cry 2)
- Edit DX9Settings.ini and change the path (ProxyLib = ....\d3d9fx.dll) to make sweetfx works with helix mod.
- "O" key have low convergence value for aiming and "P" key normal convergence value. If you use a M+K you can use AutoHotkey for bind keys. If anyone is using wireless Xbox Controller like me, let me know to upload my xpadder profile (left trigger aiming)
I have retail version with 1.03 update (maybe also works with other version update). i'm about 10% of the game with none issues.
Some times some textures have some lights flickers (like AO effect dont work properly), this is not related to 3D fix....at least happens to me even in 2D mode....i think is a driver issue, old game + new driver = :(
** Do you like the fix? **
If you like the fix, you can donate to this PAYPAL account: email@example.com
Posted by DHR