Bioshock - by mana84
Last updated on March 05, 2013:
- more shaders fixed
- Smoke and fog effects are fixed
- Lighting and shadow issues are fixed
- Water effects are fixed
- Reflections and refractions on glass surfaces are fixed
- Added 3d crosshair (based on real depth values)
- 3D HUD
The game had a lot of 3d stereo issued shaders, I've fixed thousands of them and I believe the fix should be 100% complete now... make me know in case of other issues.
The moon skybox in the very first scene of gameplay appears to be a little nearer than it should be.
How to install/play:
- Extract "Bioshock_fix.zip" archive in your "..\Bioshock\Builds\Release\" directory of the game, i.e. for steam version it's "..\Steam\SteamApps\common\Bioshock\Builds\Release\".
- Start the game in DX9, i.e. create a shortcut for bioshock.exe, go to properties and append "-dx9" to the destination field. If you have steam version, you can right-click on the game, click on properties->general->set launch options and add "-dx9" in the field.
I - key switches(cycle) HUD depth (3 variants).
U - key switches (cycle) depth presets (3 variants).
If you want to save your custom convergence settings press "U" and select required preset, set custom separation/depth settings , then press F7 and your settings will be saved in the config file.
Many thanks to Helix for adding a real 3d chrossair, 3d hud, and improving shadows; and to Schmeltzer, mike_ar69, birthright and foreverseeking for supporting/testing!