Mass Effect 1 - by mana84
Last updated on May 19, 2013:
- added optional autohotkey scripts to switch crosshair on/off with rightclick
- Smoke, fog and ghosting effects are fixed
- Lighting and shadow issues are fixed
- Crosshair and enemies indicators can be switched on/off with 'F5'/'0' keys
(by default you can use nvidia's sight but you can switch it off and enable crosshair by pressing F5)
- 2 depth/convergence settings based on which crosshairs presets is enabled
- Sniper scope fixed with a preset set on the 'F4' key. You can now aim effectively with sniper scope by selecting sniper with F4 (its default key), then you can return to default selecting another weapon by pressing F1, F2 or F3.
This is a rewritten and improved fix for the first Mass Effect.
I'm learning new things and I'm trying to improve my old fixes... if anyone founds other issues please make me know. Unfortunately I can't use last dll for this becouse it seems to stuck while loading.
How to install/play:
- Extract "MassEffect_fix.zip" archive in your "..\Mass Effect\Binaries\" directory of the game. If you have steam version it should be "..\Steam\SteamApps\common\Mass Effect\Binaries\".
F5/0 - keys switches between preset crosshair and enemies indicators on/off. it comes with related suggested depth/convergence settings. (but you can still edit them ingame and save with Ctrl+F7).
9 - key switches to a depth/convergence preset that is more confortable while watching cinematics
F1...F4 - keys are used to select weapons ingame by default, I've added presets to be able of use a special preset for snipers (default F4). You should return with default preset by pressing F1/F2/F3 after using the sniper.
Mass Effect fix Depth Hud Version - Hud is pushed into depth
Launch "RightMouseStatic.ank" OR "RightMouseNvidia.ank" to enable crosshair (static or nvidia's) while aiming with rightclick.
If you want to use nvidia script you have to change sight hotkey in nvidia control panel with "."