Monday, May 1, 2017
Metro: Last Light Redux
3D Vision fix for Metro: Last Light Redux with extra graphics options.
- Flashlight lighting on spider webs and smoke (not 100% right, but better than default). Thanks to DJ-RK for the shader code for the original game (even if I used a different correction).
- Dynamic crosshair and prompts.
- Some specular reflections, mostly, but with some drawbacks (see hotkeys section).
- Some lens flares are now at a less annoying depth (they were too close to the camera at usual convergence values). I didn't put them at exactly 100% depth, for a cooler effect.
- Download this file and extract its contents in the root folder of the game ("Metro Last Light Redux"), where "metro.exe" is. Use 7-zip for that.
- If you want to unlock convergence, you will need to edit your "C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\4A Games\Metro Last Light\SomeNumber\user.cfg" file and add the "r_dbg_stereo_auto_separation 0" line. That line will be deleted every time you close the game, but setting the file to read-only will make the game not save the notes you find. I also recommend increasing "r_base_fov".
- If you have unlocked convergence, you will need to use tesellation at Normal or lower.
- F1: HUD depth presets.
- F2: experimental specular reflections fix. It will make bloom be at screen depth, so press F5 if you use this. I don't recommend using this reflections fix.
- F3: depth of field toggle. Disabled by default. Mey be more blocky when you enable it than without this 3D fix.
- F4: lens dirt toggle (only the light effects. Not water or blood). Not disabled by default.
- F5: bloom toggle. Not disabled by default.
- F6: HUD toggle. Not disabled by default. It will also disable more than the HUD as a side effect, like prices on plates.
- Right mouse click or left trigger (hold type): temporal low convergence, for better aiming.
If you liked the fix and want to contribute for more future fixes, you can donate to this PayPal account: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by masterotaku