Monday, April 8, 2013

Battlefield: Bad Company 2[DX9]



Explanation: This game is rated 3D vision ready and I saw a sale so bought for $5.00. I found it to be unplayable unless playing WAY below my desired settings. The dynamic crosshair/gunsights break with convergence at/exceeding 2D. Basically everything needs to be in depth for it to work. Then I went to find a way to remove crosshair and none exist. I'm not sure if its always been like this but anywho decided to patch it. Basically this patch will give a minimal hud for a much more cinematic/realistic experience without all the 2D hud messages every 10 seconds. If you go to play it and its fine for you just ignore this. Everyone's different but I find it to be too flat to get to work. If you're interested in my optimizations/review/comparison check my blog post HERE

Changes:
Gun crosshair is removed.
Seperate depth/convergence setting for Gun Sights[Hold right mouse button and find desired setting and click F7]

Optional:
Gun crosshair removal toggle: Press O to turn crosshair on. Press O again to turn crosshair off.
Cinematic mode. Disables a lot of non vital HUD text. Just click Y once ingame to enable. If you dont like click Y again to disable.[Reload warning/Ammo Counter/Subtitles/etc]

Issues Remaining:
Hud has issues on setup screen/Sniper rifle crosshair gone. Press Y\O to fix.

Required:
Latest Patch update:  v795745
Force DX9 GUIDE HERE
Settings: Go into game then. Options->Settings->GamePlay-> UNCHECK Zoom toggle

Install to.../Battlefield Bad Company 2/
SHADEROVERIDE
============================================
If you like this fix I accept Paypal Donations at EQZITARA@YAHOO.COM or my PATREON.
Please keep in mind I am only one person at helixmod and all donations will go only towards myself.
Thank you for your support.

7 comments:

  1. This download is broken, has been literally since three days after it was posted. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precisely why this is one of my favorite sites. You guys are great!! Thanks again!

      Delete
    2. I screw up uploading more then anything else lol. Have fun.

      Delete
  2. This is pretty slick (hud removal via hotkeys). If I also wanted to remove the objective marker, how would I do that, given that I already found\dumped the shader for it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Resolution is stuck at 1024x768. Anyway to get it to 2560x1440 with the patch installed? Tried changing the .ini file but it doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just tested this game and fix and it was working fine here. Can set to 1440p using in-game menu without any problems. Win10 1903, Driver 425.31.

      Delete
  4. Ho my god! what a pleasure to be able to replay to this great game! thanks a lot for all the team work! You're the best...

    ReplyDelete