3D Vision Fix by mike_ar69, & bo3b
Updates** 21 June 2015
- Update to Beta v1.1 to re-fix shadows after a game update.
- Update to Beta v1.2 to fix more shadows, lake reflections, and disable some bloom lighting.
- Update to Beta v1.3 to fix Win8.1 conflict.
** 18 Nov 2015
- Update for Patch 6 of the game. Fixes car model double imaging. Not sure I got all of them.
** 04 Dec 2015
- Fixed more Car Models.
** 08 Aug 2016
- DHR update for latest version (fixes shadows).
InstructionsThis game fix is still a beta, and is FOR THE 64 bit GAME VERSION ONLY. It is made available as-is so that feedback can be given. The game has been tested on Windows7 primarily. If you have issues with Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, try the Flugan wrapper instead of the 3DMigoto wrapper (it's the exact same shader fixes in both cases).
A. Install Files
1. Uninstall all earlier alpha/beta fixes, especially the ShaderFixes folder
2. Download the files from DHR-latest. (older version from Mike: here.)
3. Copy all files in the archive to the location where pCARS64.exe is
B. Run Game
1. Convergence and Separation are unlocked in the game so set them to what you want.
2. Go to Settings
2.1 Reflections must be "High" or lower, not "Ultra"
2.2 Stretched headlights must be OFF
3. Start a race
4. If you see the cars and tracks all rendered wrong, press Ctrl-T to toggle 3D off, then press Ctrl-T again to toggle it back on. This will clear it up.
Fixed1. Haloing and double imaging
2. Shadows render at correct depth
3. On screen HUD
4. Ghost Car
5. Smoke and dust halos
6. Some approximate fixes for reflections: in the car showroom, some car rear-view mirrors
7. Clouds in sunny Skybox
8. Clouds in stormy Skybox
Anti Aliasing Settings1. OFF - 3D Works
2. MSAA - 3D Works
3. High - 3D Broken
4. DS2X - 3D Works
5. DS2M - 3D Broken
6. DS4X - 3D Broken
HUD Toggle KeyI added a short cut key "V" to toggle two settings for the on screen HUD. This is because as you cycle between the HUDs using the "C" key, some of them render at screen depth, and some render all wrong. The toggle key "switches" which HUD gets corrected. As you change the HUD, if it looks all messed up and at different depths, press "V" and it will probably bring it to screen depth.
One flaw with this is that some in game elements render too close as well, but its not drastic.
Known Issues1. If on starting the game it is all messed up in 3D, toggle Ctrl-T on and off.
2. Reflections on Ultra don't work. Use High or lower.
3. Stretched reflections don't work - turn them off
4. Some car cockpits still have shadows that are a bit off
5. I disabled some Sunglare and Bloom
6. Game menus are still a mess, but I find them quite usable with the "V" key toggle
7. In general, rear view mirrors render incorrectly - it is a flat image, but shows the black haloing that was there before the fix. As noted, I have approximately fix a couple of mirrors, but there are too many cars to go through manually.
8. To my eyes, most reflections in the game are a 'bit off', for example car bonnet reflections seem ever so slightly too close - the bonnet is convex so the reflections should be slightly below the surface.
9. The fix should be working on Win8.1. If you have problems, see elsewhere in the forum thread for how to use the Flugan Wrapper instead.
Special thanks to Flugan for his work on the assembler, used in this fix.