Wednesday, December 27, 2017

X-Morph: Defense

3Dmigoto 3D Vision DX11 Fix
Last Updated: May 15, 2020

What this mod does:
- Fixes shadows, lights, 2D textures & haloing issues
- Places the HUD & UI at a fixed depth. (HUD & UI depth value can be changed in the d3dx.ini file)

Known Issue:
- Bullets from enemy ground units look weird

Installation:
1. Download this ZIP file & extract it into the directory that has the game's EXE file. For example:  "..\X-Morph Defense\Bin\"
2. Run "X-Morph_Launcher.exe" (in the Bin directory).
3. Enable "Full Screen" mode.  All other graphics settings can be maxed out. 

10 comments:

  1. Thank you! You guys are incredible for continuing to release your fixes free to the public. Merry Christmas and great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for your time and effort, i need help the fix makes the game crash i am using 3dtv play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't seem to duplicate the crashing. I'm using 3DTV play with latest Geforce Drivers, Win 7 x64. I've removed this fix from the blog until I can discover the source of the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.

      Delete
  3. Seems like the latest version of the game just doesn't work with driver 452? Crashes instantly for me when trying to launch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a game this old, I'd say that's unlikely. Make sure the game itself is still working by uninstalling fix.

      Delete
    2. Just crashes when running the game in fullscreen mode with 3d turned on. Doesn't matter if the the fix is installed or not. Soon as it tries to enable 3d it crashes.

      Delete
    3. Just tested this here using Steam version. Win10 21H1, Driver 516.59, geo-11 v0.6.56 with nvidia_dx9 mode. Worked great, and the fix still works and looks good.
      Best guess is your driver is corrupted, and you should DDU reinstall. Using 3DFM or HelixVision to install 3D Vision Driver is easiest.

      Delete
    4. Thanks bo3b, I'll take a look when I'm finished a couple other games. Don't want to break my current setup. Good to know it's my driver though and not the game.

      Delete
    5. I guess I'm not up to date on all this jazz, didn't even know we could use drivers as new as 516 with 3d vision..

      Delete
    6. Yep works on 452 with geo-11, fantastic stuff.

      Delete