Since the game has now left early access I've polished off a few things in the fix to celebrate:
- Moved environmental reflections to infinity. Makes a dramatic visual improvement to some of the more shiny levels, particularly Revolutionary Robotics and Paintenance Tunnels.
- Better approximate fix for bloom by using the depth buffer
- Fixed bloom transparency in some places
- More accurate fix for multi-pass fog volume density (e.g. Zero-G level)
- Fixed trapdoor in office
- Adjusted Personal Identification Device' text depth (toggle with X)
- Added ] key to disable object highlight correction (in case it causes problems for anyone)
- UI menus and in-game screens
- Object highlights
- Molotov Cocktails (in Santa's Rampage)
- Light shafts
- Bloom (using depth buffer - press H for alternate infinity adjustment)
- Environmental reflections
Extract zip file under:
Use the 32bit version of Viscera cleanup detail.
Do not manually adjust the separation - doing so will cause object highlights and Molotov cocktails to become misaligned! Four separation presets are provided on the backslash key as an alternative.
Some object highlights and Molotov cocktails are misaligned (to the right) when 3D is disabled. This appears to be a driver issue as it happens whenever 3D is enabled in the control panel and the fix will counter this problem, but only while 3D is enabled and using the provided separation presets.
If the object highlights are still misaligned with the backslash presets, try pressing ] to disable the correction. If neither way works, let me know.
Some of the default nvidia key bindings affect this game, e.g. adjusting separation with Ctrl+F4 will freeze the physics (press F4 a second time to fix)
Like my Work?
Consider supporting me on Patreon