Friday, August 24, 2018

Ghost of a Tale (DX11)



Thanks to Neovad for the first WIP fix for this game.

I have this fix sleeping in my PC...so i decide to upload, previously ask to Losti (that also was working of an fix).

Tested and finish on the last version of the game 7.33.
I have the GOG version BTW....but should work also in steam version (GOG and Steam have now the same version)

Fix:
- Shadows
- Lights
- Halos
- Light Shafts
- HUD

TB and SBS Mode (optional):
- The game support SBS/TB Mode using 3Dmigoto. Remove the ";" in the  ";include = ShaderFixes\3dvision2sbs.ini" of the d3dx.ini. Default TB Mode. F11 to cycle. Also remember to use "HDMI Checkerboard" in the NVCP to remove the 720p limitation.

Presets:
- "F1" to see presets

Know Issues:
- There is an issue with the Ocean Reflections at some times of the day

Instructions:
- Extract where GoaT.exe is located (\Ghost of a Tale)
- Use the "-window-mode exclusive" shortcut.
- Start the game, when "Rundll32" prompt appear, press "Yes" (in Win10 this don't appear). This is for the Profile Override needed for this game. In Nvidia overlay you will see "3Dfix by DHR".

Download

7 comments:

  1. I hope this Great fix since long time
    work perfectly outside/inside
    Thanks guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive been checking this everyday and here it is! Thank you for releasing this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for updating my fix. I don't like such type of games but it has very beautiful world and may be I'll try to pass it

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great thanks to you, DHR and to Losti for this fix.
    Wonderful game and wonderful example of what 3DFix can bring to games.
    But, as you are two, where can I donate to support the 3Dfix community ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all thank you very much for the update, I've been dying to play this game finally!

    I have an issue though and really hope someone can help me with it:

    Whenever 3D is activated, the game goes extremely dark, as in very low gamma/high contrast (really unnatural), the in-game gamma slider have seeminlgy no effect at all.

    If I turn 3D off with ctrl+T, the screen goes back to normal, volors and gamma are absolutely normal.

    I've tried it in 3DTV play and checkerboard O/U , same.


    Lords of the fallen had something similar, but syncing with f10 and cycling through the various 3D mode fixed it.. unfortunately not here.

    Any ideas?

    Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sad. I tried to get this to work on my Steam version of the game. First problem was that the -window-mode exclusive shortcut wanted a GOAT -window-mode exclusive_Data folder. So I renamed the GoaT_Data fold appropriately.

    Then a similar problem. It wanted mono.dll to be in the Mono folder but it was in Mono/embed. I moved the dll to where it asked and now I get "mono: function mono_set_ignore_version_and_key_when_finding_assemblies_already_loaded not found"

    guess there as some differences with the Steam version

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god. I downloaded and installed 3D Fix manager and launched that game through that app, and its looking good! I am outside in the garden, or whatever, and all is not dark.

      Thank you so much! I think I already donated, but this will be worth another. Let me wander my little mouse around a bit.

      Delete