Saturday, January 6, 2024

Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered




geo-11 fix for Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered, which is the DX11 remaster of the original game.


Fixed
- Haloing issues.
- Specular reflections at realistic depth.
- Parallax occlusion mapping.
- Skyboxes.
- Radial blur.
- Mirrors.
- Dynamic depth for crosshairs.
- Automatic low convergence preset for the pause/upgrade menu.
- Autoconvergence configured, although not very necessary.


Installation
geo-11 (with build v0.6.182): download this file and extract its contents in the "GhostbustersRemastered" folder, where "ghost.exe" is. Remember to edit "d3dxdm.ini" to change your "direct_mode" to the output you need. It's "sbs" by default. For 3D Vision monitors, only the "nvidia_dx11" mode works, and it needs "full_screen=1" in "d3dx.ini" (as reported by one user).
- Launch the game.


Hotkeys
F1: convergence presets (0, 1, 2, 3, 4). 3 by default. This hotkey only works if "dm_auto_convergence" is disabled in "d3dxdm.ini".


Notes
- Ultrawide resolutions work, but the game itself will show a buggy pause menu for very wide aspect ratios.


If you liked the fix and want to contribute for more future fixes, you can donate to this PayPal account: masterotakusuko@gmail.com
Or you can join my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/masterotaku

9 comments:

  1. I always want to play this game.And now after geo 11 implementation I have no excuses to not play..Og game relase was laging and pain to run.Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent work, ty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed that 2560x1440 results in a hirizonally-"squished" image. Selecting 1920x1440 ( a non-widescreen resolution) fixed it and things don't look squished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see that problem in my tests. But if it's in nvidia_dx11 mode, I can't test it myself.
      Try setting "upscaling = 1" in "d3dxdm.ini" to see if it helps (I had set it to 0 by default as usual).

      Delete
  4. Looks ok on my oled in TAB mode 2 k res

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this fix.

    One question: Is it possible to disable the display of the convergence and seperation on the bottom of the screen. I mean it really helps to find good settings, when first starting the game, but after a while it would be better, if it could be turned of.

    I didn't find a setting for it though. Is there a possibility to turn it of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, I found a workaround myself. If I set hunting=2, than the overlay is only visible in hunting mode. But because in hunting=0 the system is "optimized for speed" (as of commentary in d3dx.ini), I would still like to know, if it is possible to disable/enable this with a hotkey and without hunting mode.

      Delete
    2. Known bug in geo-11. No solution with that version of geo-11 and a lot of earlier versions than that.
      Set the dm_separation that you like in d3dxdm.ini before you play the game. You probably know what number you want already.

      Delete