Saturday, July 13, 2024

VRto3D Driver

Introducing a way to play several VR Games and Mods on 3D displays!

Mods like UEVR, REFramework work great (be sure to read necessary settings on the compatibility wiki). Luke Ross mods have some control issues with some workarounds (pitch emulation, XInput blocking), but hopefully they can be updated to control better in the future.

VR games that support a XInput controller work great, but may need the pitch and yaw emulation turned on.

3DTVs, Projectors, SR Displays, and AR glasses (or anything that takes a SbS/TaB image) provide the best experience. 3DVision drivers may not be compatible with some of the newest games.


Installation instructions are available on the GitHub or below. Be sure to read the notes section!

Latest Release

Check the Compatibility Wiki for games/mods that have already been tested.

9 comments:

  1. Awesome.. this is amazing!!!! thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having problems getting this going. Can you help

      Delete
  2. After copy the vrto3d folder and run steamVR, nothing happens? From what I understand, I should turn on "display VR view" in steamVR? But it hasn't changed from before the installation. I use VRidge to emulate headset. Is that a problem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you will have to disable VRidge in SteamVR at a minimum. VRto3D also emulate a headset. Essentially, the first bullet in the notes section applies to you.

      Delete
    2. You shouldn't need to touch any settings in SteamVR otherwise, as I'm forcing the necessary ones. If disabling VRidge doesn't work, can you post an issue on https://github.com/oneup03/VRto3D/issues with your Steam/config/steamvr.vrsettings ?

      Delete
    3. thx for the advice, after deleting the "Steam/config/steamvr.vrsettings" file, VRto3D worked pretty well. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. I have never thought about converting VR games into 3D games. For situations where VR can cause dizziness, 3D is indeed a great choice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, i'm confused about the multi monitor part. I'm gonna use my vr headset but I use my projector as my monitor. I'm not suree what youre saying i should do next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend trying the single display mode if you only have the 3D projector. VRto3D isn't for headsets.

      Delete