3D Vision Fix by mike_ar69
- Lighting (most of it)
- Torches etc
- Put cross-hair at depth
- Disabled bloom and lens flares
- 2 Presets for convergence ("0" ).
- This is a DirectX 9 fix only.
- Character customize screen does not work - you need to press Ctrl-T and do it in 2D
- Bloom/lens disabled also turns off the green lights on the head mask.
- There is a category of projection lighting that does not render with normal convergence, but only with convergence=0, or very close to it. This is not a consequence of the fix, but rather is something I have not been able to fix (i.e. it happens because of 3D in the first place). The two toggle presets have one defined for C almost=0, so if a given area "seems too dark", toggle the preset to check if a spotlight or something is not rendering. The main issue with this is that you may think you are in a 'dark' place and hence hidden, when in fact you might not be - you need to pay more attention to the "cover" markers, or press "0" to toggle to C=0 to double check.
Out the box I think this game looks terrible in 3D, shadows are all wrong, there is double imaging and lights are wrong in many places. With the fix I rate it as "Good". There are issues remaining, but these do not make the game unplayable. The fix has been gathering dust for 3 months so I thought I would put it out there. I have not played much of the game, so there may be many more issues, if so I might pick it up again.
1. Download this file:
2. Unzip into the ...\src\System directory, which in my case is:
D:\Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist\src\SYSTEM
3. Run the game
This patch was tested on UPLAY version.