3D Vision Fix by Helifax.
Contributors in previous fixes: DHR, DJ-ARK, Masterotaku
===========================================================================
Fixed: (Update as of 8th March 2019)
===========================================================================
- Fully and correctly fixed the flashlight problem on Smoke, dust, spiderwebs. (thanks to DJ-ARK and Masterotaku for the Metro LL fixes as I started from those). I actually compared it with the original 2033 game just to make sure everything is 3D Vision Ready and IT IS!
- Fully fixed the lens flares at any convergence level.
- Unlocked the convergence and separation (using 3DMigoto) so no more read-only on the user.cfg (that breaks progression on collectables)
- Added 2 Convergence presets on F1 (gunplay and exploration).
- Added Menu convergence on CAPS_LOCK key.
- Crosshair is now dynamic in Surround as well (thanks to DHR original crosshair fix for this, which
helped me a bit). The preset is on F11.
This does not address the object pop-in which is part of the very restricted LOD the game uses.
I recommend a lower separation for this game.
Metro 2033 Redux download:
Metro_2033_Redux.rar
Metro Last Light Redux download:
Metro_Last_Light_Redux.rar
===========================================================================
Installation:
===========================================================================
- Simply unRar the content next to the game executable.
Enjoy!
Helifax


Awesome thank you so much dude!!!!
ReplyDeleteFor anyone having trouble downloading the links... Save link as, then rename the file with a .rar on the end... then it will work. Took me like 10 minutes to figure it out :'(
ReplyDeleteHi, really great fix
ReplyDeleteAlso, the weapon seems to go through when i'm close to walls or other objects
Is it possible to have the weapon further out of the screen, and keeping other elements inside the screen, so that it does not do this ?
That's fairly common to have weapons or hands go through objects in 3D. The game developers are typically cheating the 3D environment, and using a different plane for up close items like arms.
DeleteIt is unlikely you can fix this easily, but you can try upping the convergence value with Ctrl-F6 to pull things out of the screen.
Anyone tried to run this on a 3D TV? There seems to be a bug with the game (not this fix) that prevents the resolution from getting set to 2160p unfortunately on 3D TVs via HDMI (it maxes out at just over 1080p). I've tried for days to get around it and can't seem to figure it out :(
ReplyDeleteDoes this help? https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Metro:_Last_Light_Redux#Resolution_Issues
DeleteCan we get the epic app id for this to fix it for the epic version? I've looked and can't find it anywhere.
ReplyDeleteHave the EGS make a shortcut for you on your desktop and you can get the appid out of that.
DeleteI can´t download it
ReplyDeleteShould be fixed now. Alternate downloads:
Deletehttps://s3.amazonaws.com/Helifax/Metro_2033_Redux.rar
https://s3.amazonaws.com/Helifax/Metro_Last_Light_Redux.rar
Hello. I tried this update but nothing appears for me. I mean, there are no lines of text at the top indicating that the 3d mod is working . I wanted to try to run it through Quest 3 + Virtual Desctop. I would like a Side by Side mode.
ReplyDeleteI uncommeted include = ShaderFixes\3dvision2sbs.ini
Hello. I tried this update, but nothing appears for me. I mean, there are no lines of text at the top indicating that the 3d mod is working . I wanted to try to run it through Quest 3 + Virtual Desctop. I would like a Side by Side mode. Please tell me how to comment correctly and which lines.
In order to use that version of SBS output, you need to have 3D Vision output. That's an older version that takes 3D Vision output, and converts it to SBS and other modes via a post process shader. 3D Vision is needed to generate the stereoscopic.
DeleteThis is notably different than the geo-11 approach, which creates its own stereoscopic internally and is independent of 3D Vision. The SBS output for geo-11 is found in d3dxdm.ini.
You would use one or the other, but not both at once.
This fix does not look like it has been updated to use geo-11, the original 3Dmigoto d3d11.dll file is here. That means it's set up for 3D Vision, not geo-11. It's possible that dropping in the geo-11 dlls would enable that approach, but you'd need to experiment.
BTW- the easiest way to tell if the fix is running or not is to set the hunting=1 in the d3dx.ini file. That enables the green text overlay. You can also set calls=1 in the same file to generate d d3d11_log.txt file to see what is happening.
DeleteIn this case, if you have the 3D Vision driver running, but not geo-11, you will get no output because the DX11 path was destroyed by NVidia after 452.06, and so no stereoscopic will be created.
Or do I need the old drivers to make the mod work?
ReplyDeleteHey, im running latest drivers with 3dfix manager to add 3dvision drivers. I install the fix through 3dFM and modify the d3dxdm.ini to use dx9 but game always starts in sbs mode. What am i getting wrong? 3DFM says this game works on latest drivers.
ReplyDeleteDefault is to use sbs, and might be part of the fix installation. Check the d3dxdm.ini file, and set it to nvidia_dx9 if not. I'm not sure if new 3DFM will do this automatically or not. There might be a new setting in the monitor section in Settings, that you can set the default.
Deletedownload address not found :(
ReplyDeletehttps://3dsurroundgaming.com//3DVision/Metro_2033_Redux.rar work! without the www.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the fix there. I modified the links to remove the www.
Delete