Monday, January 25, 2021

Grand Theft Auto 4 - 3D Vision Fix

By Mike_Ar69


Thanks to Helix for the original DLL.


Summary

This is a helixmod DX9 fix, of the old favourite GTA4.  I fixed the latest edition available on Steam that has both the EFLC DLC, but it should work on earlier versions.


Fixed:

  • Shadows
  • Lights
  • Reflections
  • Water Haloing
  • HUD / Cross hair at depth on Right Mouse Button
  • Bloom
  • Reflections
  • Disabled water drops on screen
  • Presets for Separation and Convergence on "0" key













Notes:

- I used driver 425.31, which specifies "no profile" in Nvidia Inspector, so it wont remember S and C settings.  Open Nvidia Inspector, pick GTA4 in the game drop-down, find the entry "StereoProfile" and set it to "yes" or "1".

- The game a few quirks in Stereo (with no fix installed), for example when you start the game, or alt tab out and back in, the game stutters for about 10-20s as you spin around looking at stuff.  I guess that loading the world/textures is happening, but after a while that stops.  It does not happen in 2D though.

- Even in 2D, some of the shadows and lights turn on and off depending on viewing angle.  This is not a stereo, or fix, issue.

- Download this file

- Unzip it into the directory where the GTAIV.exe file is.
















8 comments:

  1. Thank You mike_ar69! I got this YEARS ago. Works great on 1809/425.31 and 20H2/452.06, 2080ti, PG278QR.
    Sincerely,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great news. Game really does look good for such an oldie.

      Delete
  2. Sweeeeet… Nice work. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual with me, I can't seem to get the dongle to activate in GTA IV, so I end up either looking at the red/blue 3D or no screen at all.

    I am using the Losti 3D vision hack with the 452.06 driver. I am looking at NVidia profile inspector, and I'm wondering if I have to make an adjustment to anything else? Bah. I wish I was more computer savy and not so old mannish. 3D Vision has been my adventureworld for 8 years now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just tested this again, and it was working well. Driver 452.06 with no hack installed, because this is a DX9 game and they still work on later drivers. I used HelixVision/3DFM to launch.

      That's most likely going to be that the game is not getting set into exclusive full screen mode in order to activate. Make sure you in-game frequency is set to 120 as noted in the notes. Also do alt-return to force full screen. And double check from in-game settings. Easiest way to set things up is to use 3DFM.

      If that doesn't seem to help, at least for this game, do a DDU clean of your drivers, and run 425.31 where there is no question about 3D Vision. DDU is pretty much required on occasion, 3D Vision can break in subtle ways.

      Delete
    2. All good now, thanks for all your help and pointers. My self-educating sometimes has it's drawbacks.

      Delete
  4. Yeah, found that I had to turn VSYNC on in game settings, which surprised me, but hell, it works, no complaints! Gonna zone out driving around town now, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent - thanks so much! Great to be able to put SHADOWS on now in 3D

    ReplyDelete