Monday, November 20, 2023

METAL GEAR SOLID 3: Snake Eater - Master Collection Version















geo-11 fix for METAL GEAR SOLID 3: Snake Eater - Master Collection Version.


Fixed
- Haloing issues, including water reflections.
- Sun lens flares now at depth.
- Stereoized fog, although it doesn't have real depth information.
- Stereoized sniper and rocket launcher HUD.
- Autoconvergence configured. If you disable it, you'll have to make your own quick convergence hotkeys.
- Added a custom crosshair for most guns, as long as convergence is low enough (not sniper rifles because they don't need it). This especially helps with aiming when using the tranq gun and the normal gun.


Known issues
- Some rare and small lens flares are at screen depth. It's because of a conflict with some HUD texture hashes. So I can't reliably stereoize them nor disable them.


Installation
geo-11 (with build v0.6.182): download this file and extract its contents in the "MGS3" folder, where "METAL GEAR SOLID3.exe" is. Remember to edit "d3dxdm.ini" to change your "direct_mode" to the output you need. For 3D Vision monitors, only "nvidia_dx11" works properly.
Warning: keep in mind that mods usually have a "d3d11.dll" file already, which is Ultimate ASI Loader. If you're using mods, you need to rename the "d3d11.dll" file from the fix to "d3d11.asi".
- Run the game.


Hotkeys (numbers not from the numpad)
- F4: depth of field toggle. Not disabled by default.
F5: bloom presets (original, reduced, disabled). Original state by default. I don't really recommend using this.
- 5: toggle to disable grass. This is a cheat.
- 6: toggle to disable most level geometry except characters. This is a cheat.


Custom crosshair information
It's enabled by default, thanks to the "include = ShaderFixes\custom_crosshair.ini" line in "d3dx.ini". Comment or delete that line to disable it.
The following settings can be configured in "d3dx.ini":
- By default it has white color. You can edit the x22, y22 and z22 (RGB color channels respectively). 0 is black, 1 is white. So  you can use decimals between them for each channel.
- By default it has a size multiplier (y23 value) of "0.003". That's the minimum value to be visible at the default 720p internal resolution of the game. At higher resolutions, I recommend "0.002" (no quotes).
- By default it scales up in size the closer the target is (it isn't too noticeable for the most part, but it was fun to do). It's controlled by the z23 value. Set it to 0 to disable it.
- By default it has a "+" shape. You can turn it into a square by setting x24 to 0.


Mod compatibility
- The only element of the fix that cares about mods is the sniper and rocket launcher HUD textures, which need to be detected. The "AI Slop" texture mod is supported in both 2x and 4x resolution.


Recommended mods
- The fix for resolution and other extra features: https://github.com/Lyall/MGSHDFix


If you liked the fix and want to contribute for more future fixes, you can donate to this PayPal account: masterotakusuko@gmail.com
Or you can join my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/masterotaku

11 comments:

  1. Thank you - You are a true master :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for geo 11 fix I wish every game get this treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not getting 3d depth. Am I doing something wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. What exactly are you doing?

      Delete
    2. I tried copying the files directly from the fix above, SBS active but no depth. I tried following the Geo 11 tutorial listed on the Geo 11 page by copying the fix over those files and vice versa, SBS active but no depth.

      I've downgraded graphics drivers and installed 3D vision, with the help of fix manager.
      Unfortunately Mgs3 is not listed on fix manager, of which I manually added it but to no avail.

      All my attempts have resulted in the same outcome, active SBS, but no 3D depth.

      Every time I fail to accomplish this, I return to the sexy screen shots above and cross my eyes in sadness and frustration. So I figured I'd leave a comment here in hopes someone has been through this and resolved this issue, or perhaps point out how wrong I have been doing this.

      I am brand spanking new to the 3D scene with my quest and this is my first introduction to 3d gaming, mgs3, my all time favorite game, of all time.

      I appreciate the reply and interest in my issue at hand. I look forward to a reply in the future. Thank you. - IceManV

      Delete
    3. The clues I get from what you say are "SBS active but no depth" and "my quest". With that, I assume you're using one of the Meta Quest VR headsets, and you're using sbs mode.
      For VR, the mode you should use is "direct_mode = katanga_vr" in "d3dxdm.ini". But before you launch the game, you have to use this program: https://github.com/artumino/VRScreenCap
      Run it with admin rights. Then when you run the game, you should see the virtual 3D screen. There are launch parameters to change the size, distance and curvature of the virtual 3D screen and even another program that lets you configure it with a UI and hotkeys.
      Once it's running correctly, the first thing you will see is that the default "dm_separation = 100" in "d3dxdm.ini" is too high for VR. Try it at 30 first, although you can use ctrl+F3 and ctrl+F4 to change it in real time (the green numbers won't go away, though).

      Delete
  5. My method to test 3D comprised of simply crossing my eyes to see the depth. When I say no depth, I mean the game isn't being viewed in 3D. There's just no 3D at all, just a flat image mirrored image. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here.I have try everything and cant get this to work aswell.When I finally made it to work in TAB or SBS by copy d3d11.dll from Devil_May_Cry_5_geo11 game kick in TAB but no 3D depth just flat 2d .Im not using any mods for the game just pure instal. Every fix from Masterotaku was working for me so far except from MGS collection and The Wtcher 3 v4.01 geo 11 maybe somerhing to do with the driver 425.31.To enjoi The wither 3 I have to revert to old wersion 1.33 and use old 3d fix.

      Delete
    2. I wasn't getting depth with latest drivers, which is what made me give Fix Manager a try. Reverted my drivers to the recommended and installed everything required. Still no depth.

      From what I understood however, GEO11 did away with the 3D Vision requirements no? Alas, either way I've yet to find a working solution. I simply don't understand!

      I check back here periodically to see if anyone else has had this issue, and perhaps a solution/ answer to the problem. If somehow I find the solution I'll return with my findings. :(

      Delete
    3. Go to the 3D Vision discord and ask me there. Publicly or in private. It will be much easier for me to help if we can talk in real time and share more information.

      Delete