Fix updated 2014-12-03
Fix updated 2015-04-19 for the 0.16 Unity 5 update
Note that the Unity 5 update is basically an entirely new fix from scratch and is still an early work in progress. The Unity 5 update has made the issues with the sun shafts and sun/moon glow more apparent and will need further work to fix. Additionally, there are some halo issues with lights shining on water (lightning, cannibal flashlights) that I have yet to fix.
Fix updated 2015-12-11 to refix lighting, water, etc.
Fix updated 2015-12-12 for 0.29 update, fix water glitch and auto adjust some HUD elements. "Parallax Occluded" terrain is now 3D
Fix updated 2015-12-15 to fix light shafts, sun glow, reflections in the ocean and SSAO artefacts
Fix updated 2015-12-27
Fix updated 2016-01-22 for v0.31
Fix updated 2016-07-10 for v0.42
Fix updated 2016-07-15 to fix halos on flames and building ghostshttps://s3.amazonaws.com/DarkStarSword/3Dfix-The+Forest-v0.42c.zip
- Extract the zip file to the game directory
- Turn off motion blur (the game doesn't currently save settings, so you have to do this every time)
- Halos on all surfaces
- Light, shadows and specular highlights
- Terrain = "High (Parallax Occlusion)" now makes the ground more 3D! Check out the sand, pebbles, etc.
- Certain UI elements that were originally drawn at screen depth (e.g. camp & build HUD icons) are now auto-adjusted (each vertex is adjusted independently, which may cause these to stretch similar to compatibility mode UIs). Note that most of the UI was already at a good depth in this game out of the box and has not been adjusted.
- Light shafts
- Glow around sun
- SSAO artefacts on rocky surfaces
- [: (Default) Sets a good convergence for most of the game (0.4) with the crafting book pretty close to the mouse cursor.
- ]: Sets a higher convergence (2.5) that will bring the inventory closer to the mouse cursor.
- ~: Toggle the above two presets (I reassigned the inventory key to tab)
You can save your own custom convergence & separation preset to these buttons. First, press the button you want to edit, then adjust the convergence and separation with the standard nVidia keys (Ctrl+F5/F6 if advanced keys are enabled in the control panel) and finally press F7 to save.
- Mouse cursor is at screen depth
- Shadows do not fall quite right on parallax occluded terrain - they are slightly under the surface (they are in fact on the real surface, the 3D effect on the terrain could be considered an optical illusion).
- The Ceto Ocean system is partially broken due to a conflict with Helix Mod. Waves may behave a little strangely but it has no impact on gameplay.
This is an early access game with regular updates, and as such the fix may get Broken by an update. Please let me know if you see any issues after an update.
Like my Work?
Consider supporting me on Patreon