Introducing a way to play several VR Mods (with VRto3D profiles) and SbS 3D Content like SuperDepth3D and Geo-11 on 3DVision displays, Projectors, and High-Refresh rate displays with any GPU/Driver!
Video Guide
VR Mod Instructions
Mods like UEVR, REFramework, NoMoreFlat, and Luke Ross RealVR work great (be sure to read necessary settings on the VRto3D compatibility wiki).
Installation instructions for WibbleWobbleVR are available on the VRto3D Wiki or below.
Check the Compatibility Wiki for games/mods that have already been tested.
SbS Content Instructions
Initial Setup
- Install WibbleWobble according to the VR instructions above first
- Install Shader Glass on Steam
- Install Reshade Addon:
- Run `WWReshadeAddon/Reshade/ReShade_Setup_6.3.3_Addon.exe`
- Install Reshade into the `ShaderGlass` folder
- Copy WWReshadeAddon Files:
- Copy the contents of `WWReshadeAddon/Release/x64` into the `ShaderGlass` folder
- Run Shader Glass:
- After starting Shader Glass, use the arrow keys to skip the Reshade tutorial and the Home key to close the Reshade UI
- Configure Shader Glass:
- Set `Input - Pixel Size` to `x1`
- Click `Shader - Choose From Library` and select `None` then close the sub-window
- Set `Output - Window` to `Click-through`
- Under `Processing` click `Set as default profile`
- You can now close Shader Glass
Per-Game Setup
- Install a 3D mod to the Game
- Either: Install Geo-11 mod to the game (not ShaderGlass) and get it running in Half-SbS by setting `direct_mode = sbs` in `d3dxdm.ini`
- Or: Install SupderDepth3D or Rendepth via Reshade installer into the Game folder (not ShaderGlass) and get it rendering in Half-SbS from their respective Reshade settings
Playing in 3D
- Start the Game
- Launch the game and reach a point where you're viewing the in-game world in SbS
- Launch Shader Glass
- Under `Input - Window` select the Game window
- It may be necessary to Set `Output - Window` to `Click-through` again
- Use Shader Glass hotkey `Ctrl + Shift + G` to toggle fullscreen
- Launch WibbleWobble:
- Press `Shift + End` to start WibbleWobble
- Maintain Focus on the Game Window:
- The game window should remain in focus. If the WibbleWobble Or Shader Glass windows are in focus, `ALT + TAB` or click on the game window to focus it. This should happen automatically, but if not, refocus manually
- OPTIONALLY: Toggle the overlay focus:
- Press `SHIFT + HOME` to toggle the focus on the WibbleWobble overlay
- Don't close the WibbleWobble window
- WibbleWobble will currently not recover if you close the WibbleWobble window. You must restart the game if you do this. Use the `SHIFT + HOME` key to toggle the WibbleWobble overlay focus and `Ctrl + Shift + G` to toggle Shader Glass fullscreen if you need to get around the desktop.
Thanks to:
- PezzaLucifer's WibbleWobble project and initial 3DVision integration
- cms' original and FlintEastwood's updated 3DVision Emitter Activator
- Bo3b's experimentation with custom resolutions to trigger 3D mode on monitors
- rajkosto's NvTimingsEd that provided the 3DVision timing database
- abwezi for finding the Shader Glass solution
GRACIAS!! THANKS!
ReplyDeletePlease make a cpmpkete video tutorial..This is very confusing to understand..
ReplyDeleteDid you watch the video from the Video Guide at the top of the page?
DeleteHey thanks...I am sorry I did notice the video link before..I will follow your video instructions now.
ReplyDeleteVery good , but please, put order in the name of different releases (VRto3D and WibbleWobble), so that we can be sure about what version is being installed.
ReplyDeleteDo you mean a version number?
DeleteVRto3D has a changelog in the zip file and as of v4.x reports the version on startup in the bottom left corner.
Wibblewobble does need to be merged into the main branch and officially released - I've got a pull request waiting to be reviewed. For now, the features I added are available as beta releases here
Thanks a lot!!! it works perfect!!! and very well explained
ReplyDeleteAmazing, thank you
ReplyDeleteCan you maybe explain something. If you are able to get frame sequential on the latest nvidia drivers with a directX game like Alan Wake for instance, what would the process look like if you want to get the frame sequential output to display side by side instead? Is this possible?
ReplyDeleteI recently wrote a guide for getting 3DVision SbS output. It uses interlaced 3DVision as the base, as frame sequential is a mess not worth dealing with in my opinion.
Deletehttps://github.com/oneup03/3DVision4All
Thanks. I did go through your tutorial and I am stuck with the 3D remaining interlaced. It seems like Shader glass is not being applied correctly. I set everything up as you did in your video but the picture remains interlaced. It does not want to give me a SBS or TAB image. What could I have missed?
DeleteAs soon as I focus shader glass on the game from Input > Window, the shader glass window turns into a tiny window.
DeleteNothing happens until I set the game window to window mode. Then alt+tab out to shader glass and select another window from input and back to the game. Then I have a SBS or TAB image in shader glass. But at this point you can see thick lines running through the SBS and TAB feed. So the effect was broken because the game was not in full screen mode or it totally lost the 3D effect where ctrl+T does not re engage the 3D again. Even when I try to Alt+Enter.
This is on a W10 setup with 595.97 nvidia driver. The same thing happens in 3 different games. Alan Wake seems to keep the stereo. Brothers and Deadlight the 3d is lost as soon as you put it into window mode.
Maybe I did not catch a crucial part from the video but it was important to understand that your secondary monitor with shader glass will be the place where the magic happens. Shader glass only needs to capture the primary display where the interlaced 3D is rendered. Because this got confusing when things did not happen exactly as you explained.
So there is a bug somewhere or it does not work on W10. Shader glass is having trouble with full screen mode. At least on my setup.
I haven't tried on Win10, just Win11. You need fullscreen for 3DVision games to work well. Windowed mode only applies to VR mods. Use Ctrl+Shift+G to make Shader Glass fullscreen after you have selected the Input window. I tried Brothers and Alan Wake on W11 596.21 and was successful, so latest drivers are still working.
DeleteI eventually got most of them working with a lot of tricks. But thanks! This has been the most exciting thing since Geo11. Never thought GTA IV would be playable in VR. 3D mostly works in full screen borderless. But it sucks that DSR or custom resolutions don't work with 3DVision. Are there any ways to get more than 1440p?
DeleteIn the case of Far Cry 3 there were a ton of extra loops. Playable but very buggy. Game does look really good for such an old one. Fallout 3 some effects were broken and doing shader hacking with Helixmod feels ancient. Or some effects simply has to be turned off. I even got Command and Conquer Generals to stereorize. But RTS games cant be played without a mouse pointer.
Thanks a lot for your guides and work! Been searching for this solution for a long time! Also Abwezi for sharing his finds.
You need a 4k (or more) display or EDID emulator to act as your "3DVision" display.
DeleteBy chance, I got Generals working pretty well with Geo-11 by setting low depth and high convergence. You can give it a try if you like: https://github.com/oneup03/3DFixes/blob/main/C%26C_Generals_Zero_Hour.zip
I have a 3DVision2 device, but the monitor was broken, so I replaced it with a third-generation QD-OLED monitor. The monitor supports up to 360Hz. I want to use it to watch Blu-ray 3D movies, but I don't know if it's possible.
ReplyDeleteYou can try at 240hz with black frame insertion. You'll have to manually tweak glasses timings, which is tricky.
DeleteYou would need a separate way to playback the movie in SbS without HDCP probably. Maybe potplayer? I'm not sure, as I use a 3dtv with discs. You could try this also: https://github.com/NTM-3D/3DConsoleBridge
With the shader glass method