Sunday, June 14, 2026

Fallout: New Vegas [DX11]






geo-11 fix for Fallout: New Vegas in DX11 mode, which requires dgVoodoo. To be specific, a very specific non standard version that I already include in the fix (also including the dgVoodoo.conf). That version can be found here, if you're curious.


Fixed

  • Skyboxes.
  • Sun position.
  • Water effects.
  • Specular reflections.
  • Radial blur.
  • Automatic low convergence when bringing up the Pip-Boy.
  • Dynamic HUD depth when gameplay is detected, and screen depth for menus.

Installation
  • geo-11 fix (with build v0.6.164): download this file and extract its contents in the "Fallout New Vegas" folder where "FalloutNV.exe" is. Remember to edit "d3dxdm.ini" to change your "direct_mode" to the output you need (and/or upscaling or the default dm_convergence). It's sbs by default.
  • Run the game through any way you want, like "nvse_loader.exe" or "Fallout_Fullscreen.exe" if you're using the mod that makes it run in borderless mode.

Basic mods I recommend alongside the script extender and other basic patches

Notes
  • If you open "dgVoodoo.conf" you will see that I set "VRAM" to 4096, which is 4GB of VRAM. Adjust that if you don't have a lot more free VRAM than that.


If you liked the fix and want to contribute for more future fixes, you can donate to this PayPal account: masterotakusuko@gmail.com
Or you can join my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/masterotaku

7 comments:

  1. Wooo! Frickin' awesome, thank you for coming back to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! thank you Master! so good.. and this works perfectly with Fallout 3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know to what extent it works with Fallout 3 because I didn't try it. If you're very lucky, water may be fixed by regex. But I expect different shaders for the HUD, the radial blur effect (if it's there) and other things.
      I'll check someday, probably, depending on my curiosity.

      Delete
    2. i tried fallout 3, the fix is perfect, both fallout3 and fnv - are the same

      Delete
    3. About Fallout 3, I installed it fresh and didn't even work correctly in 2D. It crashed two seconds after seeing the mouse cursor and initial screen. Then I added essential mods, and it crashes the same. I guess I'll have to abandon the idea of checking if it needs a separate fix.

      Delete
    4. Thought I'd give this a try, and I confirm that Fallout3 is working here as well. No crash, looks perfect. Autoconvergence working. I didn't play long, maybe 10 minutes in wasteland, but didn't see anything broken. Sky is right, pip-boy is great.
      Win10, Epic GOTY version, AMD GPU actually, and using SR output. Pretty amazing actually.

      Not sure what would be different for your setup, but the most common crash for this game was that stupid GFWL still patched in and dead. Not sure if Steam fixed that, but it looks like Epic did.

      Delete
  3. Snap...didn't expect Fallout fixes....thanks as always.

    ReplyDelete