Oblivion Remastered [UEVR + VRto3D/WWVR]
praydog's awesome UEVR makes it possible to play Oblivion Remastered in 3D!Update 2025-06-03:
- Incorporated P40L0X/VynnGfx engine.ini optimizations
- Disabled UEVR Native Fix for performance - it seems like there aren't rendering issues with it disabled
Notes:
- Optionally support praydog's work on Patreon
- Thanks to Jerbear for the initial profile
- A single depth/convergence profile for 1st Person is included
Known Issues
- Some lighting/shadows may render incorrectly in one eye. Try reloading the area or enabling Lumen Hardware RT
- As with many newer Unreal Engine games, it can have performance issues. 2080ti + i7-8086k cannot get 60 fps per eye outdoors
In-Game Settings:
- DLSS Swap needed - see below for instructions
- Window Mode 'Windowed'
- Motion Blur 'Off'
- VSync 'Off'
- Upscaling Technique 'DLSS'
- Screen Space Reflections 'Off'
UEVR Settings:
- Can run UEVR in OpenXR or OpenVR mode for this game
You will need:
- Either: VRto3D setup for your 3D display here
- Or: WibbleWobbleVR for your 3DVision display here
- Download this UEVR profile for Steam or this UEVR profile for Microsoft Store version
- DO NOT RENAME THIS PROFILE ZIP OR UEVR WILL NOT WORK. THAT INCLUDES IF WINDOWS ADDS (1) ETC
- Follow the general UEVR instructions for installation and launching a game below
The below instructions are also available on GitHub
Does it work with amd cards?
ReplyDeleteIt should, but I don't have one to test.
DeleteDLSS can't be used, so you'll have to see if any of the other upscaling options work for increased performance.
thank you, i will try getting it from game pass
Deletedid it work? share how you implemented FSR
DeleteThis is really great! I *almost* have it working on a 50 series card using WibbleWobble for 3D Vision - the in game rendering is working fantastic, with great performance, just a couple of one-eye issues with ground fog so far, BUT the overlay does not work properly: (a) menus only render the top 1/3 of the screen and then flicker (b) in game dialog is not visible (c) in game map, stats etc also only render the top third of the screen. Any advice? This might be WibbleWobble so I will keep fiddling with settings, but any guidance would be appreciated! Thanks.
ReplyDeleteSetting everything to LOW works! :-) So I will just investigate what the best settings that work and post back here for anyone else who is interested.
DeleteI experimented with the settings higher or lower and sometimes it would have rendering issues and other times not... It seemed to be most consistent with hardware lumen RT on.
DeleteI didn't experience the menu or dialog issue you mentioned. Are you using a non-16:9 render resolution perhaps?
There's probably a CVar that could disable ground fog. Maybe add "r.Fog 0" to the user_script.txt if you don't find other useful settings
DeleteThanks for looking at this - it can be a bit hit or miss with getting it running correctly, I had issues today with being unable to change the depth and convergence (I had this issue in CP2077 as well) but sorted that out by setting Steam VR to to do "auto" scaling, and setting the in game resolution to 1920x1080 - really not sure why that works, but it works for Oblivion, CP2077 and Avatar Frontiers of Pandora. To prevent the issues with the load screens and menus etc I have to start Oblivion in 2D and change the settings to low, then start the UE injector and change the settings again. It's no big deal though. I now have my 3 fav games all set up and looking great! The performance in CP2077 and AFOP is the best, 60 FPS with relatively high details. Oblivion struggles outdoors though, even with a 5090 on low, using DLSS - I get about 40FPS. I still might have something set up wrong though, there are so many layers. Indoors is fine though. One tidbit for AFOP is that to make the convergence and separation "work" properly, to prevent everything looking all miniaturized, in the Luke Ross VR mod you can press "pause" in game and bring up a config menu - increasing "world scale" to about 1.8 sorted this out. Also used this menu to change the hud scaling so it properly fitted on the screen. I feel like Christmas came early this weekend, thanks so much for making all this available, and your really great instructions.
DeleteHas anyone been able to fix the lighting/shadow bug in one eye as listed in known issues?
ReplyDelete'Some lighting/shadows may render incorrectly in one eye'
I looked through some CVar's but was unable to resolve.