Tuesday, March 17, 2026

B0TW-BetterVR [VRto3D/WWVR]

Crementif's awesome BetterVR makes it possible to play B0TW in 3D!

Notes:

  • Optionally support Crementif's work on GitHub
  • Auto-Depth swaps between lower depth for dialogue/menus/cutscenes and higher depth for gameplay. Depth settings adjustable from in-game mod menu (hold Start)
  • Static 3D Crosshair with size/depth/color adjustable from in-game mod menu
  • Eye-Synched 3D
  • Runs around 40fps on i7-8086k + 2080ti
  • The `Cemu.exe_config.json` profile was created on a 27" monitor, so you may have to reduce depth/convergence for larger displays (convergence 3D strength is reduced with larger numbers)

You will need:

  • Either: VRto3D v4.x or newer setup for your 3D display here
  • Or: WibbleWobbleVR beta 4 or newer for your 3DVision display here
    • You MUST start SteamVR before the mod to avoid crashing with WWVR
  • Cemu setup and running your legal dump of the game

The below instructions are also available on GitHub



10 comments:

  1. I was able to run BOTW only with BetterVR version from here https://github.com/Crementif/BotW-BetterVR/releases/ version from here https://github.com/oneup03/BetterVR/releases hangs indefinitely after compiling shaders. I use VRto3D
    I think I deleted BetterVR_settings.ini also so it re-created. Crementif version doesn't have it and it is 27 mb not 44.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After some troubleshooting in Discord, it turned out to just be a random crash. The mod (original VR or the 3D version) can randomly crash or black screen, so you may just need to try again.

      Delete
  2. Yes, random crash. Probably misconfiguration or something. All good now. And Crementif version simply doesn't have a 3rd-person camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wibblewobble doesnt work with Vulkan, does it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WibblewobbleVR works with OpenXR which this mod uses. And actually the OpenXR piece for this mod is DX12 but that's irrelevant.

      You can get wibblewobble SbS to work with anything using shader glass. See the wibblewobble blog post for instructions and a video guide.

      Delete
    2. I forgot about this vulkan crash as it stopped happening with VRto3D, but it's still happening with WWVR. The fix is easy though: start SteamVR before cemu.

      Delete
    3. I can't open the mod menu. Holding Start on my Xbox controller just opens the Zelda pause menu. Cemu seems to take priority over the input. I am using WibbleWobbleVR.

      Delete
    4. Make sure you setup input as a Wii U Gamepad, not a Pro Controller.

      Delete
  5. With last updates this game has very weird camera view movement. It is intended to be used with VR headset (headtracking).

    ReplyDelete